Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

if (dot) app dropped 3 days ago

Helmuts

DNForum.com
★★★★★
Reaction score
morning,

there is this premium LL domain name if(dot)app that has just dropped 3 days ago.

Dezo4mU.png

crazy high renewals...

still >> you should check out one of the possible end users >> https://www.if-insurance.com/

Reaction score
I think most registries knew that they were doomed to failure. Their idea was to at least make money off the domainers while they could as they knew they were only going to get a few interested and couldn't rely on millions of domains being sold.

Helmuts

DNForum.com
★★★★★
Reaction score
I think most registries knew that they were doomed to failure. Their idea was to at least make money off the domainers while they could as they knew they were only going to get a few interested and couldn't rely on millions of domains being sold.

huhh.. could be the case... I hope that this isn't the case :( .. if it is > very, very sad indeed :(

and for .app gtld? .. what they have to worry about? :/

mixing

Level 1
Reaction score
Only 8 LL.app domain sales appear in NameBio. Of those 8 only 5 were above $1000 and there hasn't been a sale reported since 2021. Personally, I don't think it's worth the $1k renewal price tag...

Helmuts

DNForum.com
★★★★★
Reaction score
well, you sell 676 2letter domains for $1k/year = 676'000/year income .. that should be enough to keep a registrar alive with 2-3 staff + server & software expenses.

.. from this perspective = good numbers.. though is this also a good business?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
. from this perspective = good numbers.. though is this also a good business?
Hi

the problem with that is...

how many registrants will renew those names at those prices?

and... since the renewal cost is not regulated, what's there to prevent rising fees?

sure, a large company, or developed service/product could absorb the cost, but for resellers, the carrying cost is too high.

imo...

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom