Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

If you know of a good Ad Network and like making money - you might want to read this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am going to make this short and sweet

as probably 99.7% of this forum knows, I have been trying to sell fast-autos.com for a while. It is now on ebay, it is going to sell in just over 50 hours.

The site gets over 1000 hits per day, with an average of around 1300-1400 this summer. It has been getting at least 1000 hits a day for about 1.5 years now, on a regular basis.

Here are a couple of other neat stats:

Page Impressions per month: an average of 200,000
File Hits in July, 2003 - 1524265

I ran a test with a forum member using Adsense ads on the site, these were targeted to car / automobile ads. We got an average CTR (click through rate) 1.6% on banner ads.

Now try this:

200,000 page impressions (if you put a banner on each page) multiplied by the CTR (0.016) = 3200 clicks per month

If you get 10 cents per click, thats $320 per month doing nothing. If you get 15 cents per click, thats $480 per month doing nothing.

etc, etc, then factor in banner CPM and the possibility of pop up ads, and you have a massive cash cow.

I will include the full website and all the files to the winning bidder + the domain name fast-autos.com

It has a good alexa rank (75,000) and I am simply selling the site because I need money for school and no longer have time for the site.

The Ebay Auction is located at: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2745403881&category=11153

PLEASE ONLY POST IN THIS THREAD IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ON THE SALE / AUCTION.

Otherwise, happy bidding, may the best buyer win, lol

If you keep this site up for a year and put good ads up, it can easily make $6000.....you can buy it for much less than that right now.

Thanks, this is the last Fast-Autos.com sales thread I will ever make at DNF.

GT Web

affordablehosting

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Where do the visitors come from? Are they all typins?

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
About 70% of visitors are from either type ins or bookmarks looking for the website / sports car info

20% comes from search engines

10% comes from links

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
2 days left exactly!

radioz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Actually 1 day and 23 hours. I think that you mean 2 DAYS.

$2,025. Not bad!!

Good Luck!

Jon

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ooops, lol

2 days left, thanks for that update.

I am gunning for $3500 as a final price

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by GT Web

PLEASE ONLY POST IN THIS THREAD IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ON THE SALE / AUCTION.

I did say this for a reason, but thanks for the positive comments :)

NameGuy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Everyone has seen this sale, GT. No need for more bumps.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why did you have to post that? The reason I keep posting is because people are not following my instructions. I specifically asked for people only to post questions on the website for a reason. I am not trying to be an ass, but I would like to keep this auction thread on topic.

So why did you have to make that post? Please stay out of my sales thread - if you need to contact me, please PM me, thanks

moxsum

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You state in your ebay auction that the site comes with the game Create a Ride, however you do not own that game, unless you own www.createaride.com, so why do you say you do?

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I never said I owned it, I said

"You also get the Flash Create A Ride game with the website"

the people who make it will let anyone put it on their own site, I asked them and they said they would let anyone put the game up on there own site. It is a good way to draw traffic - and the winning bidder can have it on their site.

Basically, they recieve a copy of the .swf file with the website

Thanks for the question

BG

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi GTWEB,

With a revenue stream of $500 per month and a chance to maybe increase that amount, why not keep it and let it feed your schooling?

$6,000 a year for doing nothing sounds alright to me, I'd be creating more of these sites and looking at the bigger picture.

If it's time you dont have, then you can always pay another student to keep it updated and pay them a small amount whilst making a good profit yourself :-D There's always someone out there wanting an extra income. You might even find people out there who would do it just for love :-D as like some of the Moderators in DN.

Good luck with whatever you do.

Barry

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thats a valid point:

There are 2 main reasons I decided to sell:

1) - I have absolutely no time to develop this site - to generate money to its full potential, and I dont want to see the site waste away and since I have no time for it, I'd rather just pass it along to someone with more time to get the most out of it.

2) - I need money for school and a car, I would rather not wait for 12 months, getting $500 per month, it would be more of a help to me to get $2000 or $3000 or whatever it will end up being now, and use my new website (the ones which I am spending all my time on) to bring in the monthly profits

Believe me, I spent a long time deciding whether I should sell or not, if you think I am an idiot for doing this, then you should bid, because obviously you think the name is worth it, lol :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom