• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

I'm Leaving The Industry

Status
Not open for further replies.

foundrstack

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2006
Messages
3,376
Reaction score
354
I know, I know. I hate goodbye threads too but I really enjoyed this community.

I've been trying to get away from the domain industry for awhile so I can move on to my career in writing. The attempts have been unsuccessful as it's an expensive, addicting hobby. It's not even that profitable for me but I do it because the eyes get bigger than the wallet. Please don't let this happen to you. Work smarter, not harder.

I will probably move on and write content about domain investing and what I've learned. I can definitely tell you DNForum is one of the best places to be simply because Adam Dicker isn't too proud to lend his advice. Thank you Adam, for what you provide because there aren't many domainers who will do that for the little guys.

I've made some friends and business associates here. I will truly miss you all and doing business with you. I wish you all the best of luck in your venture.

I have also made a few enemies along the way. You know who you are. I hope that all is forgiven as everyone has seemed to move on. If not, please know I never did anything intentional. We all have to learn and sometimes we learn by falling.

To everyone else: never stop learning. If domaining is your true passion, listen to Adam and everyone else around here because they know what they are talking about. Remember to do your research on Google, URLTrends, whois , etc before you fork out the money to buy.

I'll be lurking around here over the next few days taking care of final sales threads. After that, I'll probably ask Adam to downgrade or delete my account because I probably won't stop coming back if I have access and then it will start all over again! lol.

Everyone be good. Happy domaining.

Tia

P.S. If anyone has an account at Spaggle for domains, don't worry. That won't change. You'll still be able to access them.

P.S.S. If anyone is worried about contests I've held, yes those will still continue and I'm keeping anythingsites.com
 
And another one bites the dust! (jj)

You know, if you're a writer, you can make a killing with content sites.

Good luck with your endeavors..
 
I hope you've seen a better side as opposed to domaining. Good luck in your new endeavours. But you never know, i don't think it is good for you to delete your acc and effectively terminate your life membership here! Maybe you should just let it remain there as I have seen some people go and come back eg. GiantDomains! Good luck
 
Yeah don't delete your account - I'll buy those articles!
 
ITs just a phase tia, i cant say whter you will be back or not but you will be disappointed.
Take Care.

Regards
 
:ohwell: Too bad you're leaving da house, good luck with you writing career :wave: ... one advice, don't delete your exclusive lifetime membership, give it to me :whistle: :thumb:
 
"Just when I thought I was out, they pulled me back in."

You can't leave the family...

Good luck.

I've been trying to quit this hobby for seven years. It's more addictive than cigarettes...
 
You'll be back!

:tape2:

It´s bad news, Tia. This business, no matter if you take it damn serious or just as a hobby is addictive.

Tried myself a couple of times to get away, but you´ll be back...take a break, slow down and then, one day, you just have to start again, be it that you see a very nice domain or have an idea for development...whatever the reasons are, domains and the community get part of your life.

Anyhow, if you manage to stay away, I wish you all the best for the future!

:rockon:
 
a good writer = a good developer

you just think your leaving , but your not.
 
Good luck in the real world. LOL

You don't need to throw in the towel completely though. Keep your account here and browse when you have the time. Domaining is still rewarding as a part-time hobby. Actually it's easier cos you don't add .com to the end of every word you hear when you go part-time.com :-)
 
I respect your decision and wish you the very best!

Sincerely,

Craig
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom