• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

In 2007, what would you do with $500,000?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tm3500

DNF Regular
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2004
Messages
1,331
Reaction score
8
I first asked this question three years ago and some of the answers were amusing while others provided some great information. At the time I was doing research for a friend/client but then I ended up getting into the business myself. :lol:

So have any of the recommended strategies changed? In 2007, how would you spend $500,000 within the domain market to generate exceptional returns?
 
It would really depends on your goals and how much risk you are willing to assume.
 
i would use it to buy a portfolio making 20-25K/month and earn another 500K within the next 2 years or so
 
I would invest in mutual funds and the FOREX.
 
Best investments for the next ten years – Domain Names, Farm Land and Cash in the Bank

may be for india its Farm land.
 
i would use it to buy a portfolio making 20-25K/month and earn another 500K within the next 2 years or so

Who would sell a 20 - 25K a month portfolio for $500,000? If I had something like that, I wouldn't sell it for less then 8 years current revenue, unless of course we're talking TM domains.
 
If I had to invest it in the domain industry, I would buy great generic .com's with type in traffic - they will hold their value and make you money every day in the meantime. Personally I would buy a few great generic .ca's too, but I'm Canadian so it makes sense for me.

Or, with some of it buy shares in companies like Marchex or Tucows that have generic domain portfolios and web business.
 
Invest one half in LL.COMs, LLL.COMs and the other half in a TM revenue portfolio. making $15k p/m! Diversification is a good strategy!
 
Donate to Presidential campaigns. :-)
 
i am all in.....

lol... that one is funny...

safe = revenue domain - but breaking even takes time

risky = stocks, forex, real estate,etc. - may double or triple your money within 2-3 years. may also bankrupt lol...

depends on how much risk you are willing to take...

if you have a family , then maybe safer choice..

if u r single, u can take more risk... but don't complain to me if something goes wrong lol...

in the end, everything is in your hand. your fate
 
$500,000 is big money.

$100,000 for investment ===> stocks and forex.

$100,000 for offline or online business

$100,000 for trading domain name (develop site buy great domain name software or other tool related to domain name)

$200,000 for buying house, car and others.
 
Build a massive site that I have been planning out. $500,000 would be more than enough to get it going. :-)
 
Buy as many generic revenue names as you can. Maybe 3-8 of real quality. Enjoy the PPC until you sell in a few years, then rinse and repeat but this time buy more using your profits. OR buy 1-3 quality domains and develop them into rich content sites (preferably in niches that don't change too much with the times). Once your content is up, minimum upkeep is required, and provided you have good design and optimisation, you will reap lots more than with PPC. The question is how much effort you want to make.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom