Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

.in and .co.in for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

godinme

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey

I want to sell these domains. Any approximations?

citifinance.co.in
citifinance.in

Thanks a lot

-Godinme

Domain Summit 2024

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
godinme said:
Hey

I want to sell these domains. Any approximations?

citifinance.co.in
citifinance.in

Thanks a lot

-Godinme

This is the IDN section. These are not IDN.

My honest opinion. Absolutely nothing.

The India internet will soon be dominated by local language script domains with Unicode representations of Hindi, Urdu, Bangla, Punjabi, Marathi, Tamil and others

These aren't even two word combos, but as almost no Indians actually have English as a primary language, they are just not useful.

You will further incur the Mods wrath by posting for sale on the Gold threads but as we have now established this is no more than a discussion thread, hopefully they will let you off with just a warning!

DNWizardX9

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Rubber Duck said:
This is the IDN section. These are not IDN.

My honest opinion. Absolutely nothing.

The India internet will soon be dominated by local language script domains with Unicode representations of Hindi, Urdu, Bangla, Punjabi, Marathi, Tamil and others

These aren't even two word combos, but as almost no Indians actually have English as a primary language, they are just not useful.

You will further incur the Mods wrath by posting for sale on the Gold threads but as we have now established this is no more than a discussion thread, hopefully they will let you off with just a warning!

Look at the news articles... alot of people in India do speak english dave..
Everyone in India I've spoken to speaks english fluently as well.

That is the exact opposite in China.

Anyhow I believe that citi finance etc is a registered trademark.

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Jeff said:
Look at the news articles... alot of people in India do speak english dave..
Everyone in India I've spoken to speaks english fluently as well.

That is the exact opposite in China.

Anyhow I believe that citi finance etc is a registered trademark.

There are a lot of people who have a good understanding of English, there are actually very few that have English as a first language. I have done quite a lot of reading on this and have been engaged in discussion with a lot indigenious people. My conclusion is that there is very little liklihood that the Internet in English for India will expand significantly. There is also enourmous Indian goverment support to get Hindi and other local script domains up and running.

Hindi has a low profile at the moment as most of the Hindi sites have not yet been converted to Unicode and cannot therefore be indexed or searched. That doesn't mean they are not there!

tipsfromthetop

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have no doubt that option will be available to the hindu speaking world Rubberduck. Yet when all the Indian govenment pages, downloadable pdf documents of financial year outcomes and future plans for india. Also call centres is a massive industry in India earn very large revenue for the country for the english speaking world.

I do not think they will give this up, i believe they will have an alternative language button but thats as far as it will go. I own a Indian marketplace and for the last few years spent a lot of time with Indian culture and people they all speak english and will not give it up why? because Indians are extremely clever and intelligent people who know that English is the language of commerce.

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
tipsfromthetop said:
I have no doubt that option will be available to the hindu speaking world Rubberduck. Yet when all the Indian govenment pages, downloadable pdf documents of financial year outcomes and future plans for india. Also call centres is a massive industry in India earn very large revenue for the country for the english speaking world.

I do not think they will give this up, i believe they will have an alternative language button but thats as far as it will go. I own a Indian marketplace and for the last few years spent a lot of time with Indian culture and people they all speak english and will not give it up why? because Indians are extremely clever and intelligent people who know that English is the language of commerce.

Dream on. The reason that most sites in India have been in English to date is that the technology hasn't really been in place to do anything else. Anyone who was extremely clever and intelligent would realise that to address local markets you need to do so in the local language. The whole "Go Global think Local" thing clearly hasn't even scratched the surface with you!

To date the Indian Internet has only really tried to address the English speaking community. The potential for growth in that area has almost been exhaused with only a tiny fraction of the population online. To get the necessary growth it will have to be done in the local languages. This is very much a government lead initiative.

Shark

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well. Im from India & English is widely used here. FYI, Not all Indians know Hindi. Among the educated/internet users I can say 99% know English while only 60% would know Hindi. The trend is especially in South India.

There are hundreds of languages & English has become a standard language among the educated. I'd say IDNs still have a long long way to go in India. We're comfortable typing english. JMO.

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Smooth said:
Well. Im from India & English is widely used here. FYI, Not all Indians know Hindi. Among the educated/internet users I can say 99% know English while only 60% would know Hindi. The trend is especially in South India.

There are hundreds of languages & English has become a standard language among the educated. I'd say IDNs still have a long long way to go in India. We're comfortable typing english. JMO.

Well, I appreciate Hindi would not be a very relevant language in Madras, which is why I have also invested not only in Tamil, but also Kannada, Urdu, Telugu, Mallayam and Marathi.

We don't doubt that the elite that currently have access to Internet are generally capable of using English. You currently need to be fairly elite to afford this luxury. However, if you wish to use the internet to address a mass market of a new middle class that is expanding faster than they could possilby all learn English, then for Madras Tamil will be the main means of doing this.

techyog

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
... and it is precisely this diversity of languages in india (over 100 popular ones) that makes english the first choice in india. I'm from india. I know :) It has been ages since I've spoken in my mother tongue with my friends (FYI: all of these friends know my mother tongue which is hindi, and yet choose to speak in english, because that's what the trend is in india amongst the youth)

In my educated opinion, Indian IDNs have little to no chance of getting popular, unlike in tha case of China/Japan. That's not to say that Indian IDNs wont sell..... but they'll never get half as hot as what outsiders (non-indians) imagine.

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
techyog said:
... and it is precisely this diversity of languages in india (over 100 popular ones) that makes english the first choice in india. I'm from india. I know :) It has been ages since I've spoken in my mother tongue with my friends (FYI: all of these friends know my mother tongue which is hindi, and yet choose to speak in english, because that's what the trend is in india amongst the youth)

In my educated opinion, Indian IDNs have little to no chance of getting popular, unlike in tha case of China/Japan. That's not to say that Indian IDNs wont sell..... but they'll never get half as hot as what outsiders (non-indians) imagine.

Well, the Indian government have done substantial research in this matter and their findings and conclusions are in total contradiction to yours. Furthermore, the level of traffic on my Indian domains suggests that there large numbers of Hindi speaking US speculators that think as I do! Your straw poll may be valid, but it is not going to be representative of the trend.

I am also at a loss to understand why Microsoft have created versions of their software in all the local languages, if the facts suggested it was a pointless excercise.

techyog

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
that traffic may well be from domainers.

regards.

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
techyog said:
that traffic may well be from domainers.

regards.

That traffic will almost certainly be largely from experienced Domainers, but my point is that most of them will probably also speak Hindi and have an in depth knowledge of the Indian Market.

Rubber Duck

drbiohealth

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Even the British rule of 200 years couldn't make these diverse lingo folks accept English in the true sense. IMHO, you are utterly mistaken when you say English will remain the language of "choice" in India. From a majority point of view, it never was and it will never be in future. Actually, Hindi/Tamil et al have not competed with English on the web in the true sense because local Indian languages were never on the equal footing with English prior to unicode. Let's see what happens in future...:). I put my shirt on Billy who would not be spending millions to change OS/Office to local lingo if there were no moolah..:playball:

techyog said:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom