Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

.in pre-registration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
None of the Indian states were available in .in as they were registry reserved.

However I did manage to pick up most of them in .co.in , they have to have value? :smartass:

missedcall

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ok Direct just informed me that I got 4 out of the 6 domains I pre register..they will have it on my account for full management by Friday

As for the other 3 seems that they have multible pre registartions and they don't know have to move on with them as the .IN registry does not allow them to auction them... will wait to see .

azmi

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
:veryangry without noticing this warning i registered a domain at idotz.net, it has been over 2hours domain is still available to register.

goodluckdomain.in is doing good right now, within minitues my domain (ranks.in ) was registered

FusionX

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I managed to pick up some at directi. They informed me about a couple of .co.in which only I had ordered. Anyway one of them has an overture with extension of 178.

Lets see if I get the .in that I ordered.

ParkQuick.com

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
scorpio said:
hey healingsites..
2 char .in cant be registered, check about rx.in and get a refund.
Yes - I figured that out. I finally got a few emails from dircti. I have

doctors.co.in
mentalhealth.co.in
pharmacy.co.in
psychology.co.in
psychology.in

Hopefully I'l get one or two more that severeal people reserved.

TLDN

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
datat said:
Westblock: It looks like idotz.net is doing them as well at about $19 (there pricing page seems down) but would be a little cheaper if I'm right. - but from what I remember about them - they have a delay before reg. (a few hours), although could be wrong. They do take paypal which is handy for some.
If they have a delay - there is a good chance some one else snaps the name in the mean time. Others here may know more about them.

I'm sure others will sping up - shame enom were not quicker.
Thanks for the heads up. I only have one name at idotz via a push, so I didn't know about the delay.

manish

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I pre registered 20 names with Directi(all 4 char .in good keyword names). They caught 16. 15 have multiple registrations, wonder whats gonna happen next, they cannot auction the name.

oberheimer

Domain investor
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i reged nog.in fog.in nad.in boo.in

datat

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
manish said:
I pre registered 20 names with Directi(all 4 char .in good keyword names). They caught 16. 15 have multiple registrations, wonder whats gonna happen next, they cannot auction the name.

I can see this being a big problem, cc charges one the refunds is going to show them a big loss.
The fairest way would be to look at time stamps (of the pre-reg) - although thats wide open for cheating. Looks like the Idian powers that be pulled a big one here.

We could see a new way of domain distribition - if they think of a good (or very bad) way, it could get loads of press coverage.

a2zofb2b

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
datat said:
The fairest way would be to look at time stamps (of the pre-reg)

I think the fairest way for the directi to allocate pre-registered domains ( in case of multiple pre-registration) is the time-stamp.

Even in the auction process they described was more like a sealed tender
and in case of multiple highest bid the winner was to be decided by pre-registration time-stamp.

scorpio

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I got stock.co.in tutorial.in mba.co.in , some generic Indian names and some names for my clients.. around 45 names in my account now..

also check out my first .in site ..

www.com.net.in ..

Almost all companies got .co.in names. Just a friend working in a Big Bank send me his new ID , with .co.in .. Nice to see corporates and business using it ..

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
scorpio said:
Almost all companies got .co.in names. Just a friend working in a Big Bank send me his new ID , with .co.in .. Nice to see corporates and business using it ..

I would advise against registering .CO.IN domains unless you actually live or do business within India on a full time basis. I am not a big fan of .CO.UK domains and hope they will finally issue .UK once and for all.

check out google.co.in

datat

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The first issue of Uk domains was .uk, then they had a rethink stopped the issuse and set up .co.uk and .org.uk etc. No you would find it hard to find a site in uk with out the .co in front and would loose traffic to the .co vertion if you did.
Saying thats outside of uk - I can't see many type ins for uk domains being done unless the people know the site they are looking for.
Transfer of .co.uk domains is a real pain in the but because its all done by hand - like pre-computer age, using snail mail.
Back to the point - if you are marketing at the Indian population, then I think its needed - if not then its just key word/s with a strange extension. The Indian market is massive though and growing - both in size and pocket. Not big on PPC yet though, that could take a while - requires banking/wages to catch up.

Wot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Make it even more public.

Get a pretty girl from the Indian registry to draw the names from a hat on India tv, massive publicity!

urbanvilla

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Just like the most country tlds,not worth a great deal more than reg fee unless they are exceptional domains and even then you still need someone to buy it !!

Time will tell

good luck

wes

DomainEngineer

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am an Indian and I have not bought a single .in or .co.in domain as of yet. We have otherwise over 3000 names.

The 99% of the registrations are for resale and people will have hard time selling unless they have exceptionally good domains.

If you develop, a part of your traffic will go to .COM

.in is just like other tlds, so don't think you will get rich overnight selling .in domains.

I wish you good luck.

Thanks,

We all know

scorpio

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Rick.
I argee there is no reselle value in local market as on date. Most of the names i got are targed to specific keywords i plan to devleop and like.
But even locally there has been some shift and business are picking .co.in names for there corporate presence. Yet to see any full portal in .co.in or .in ... BUt sure keywords will have some value in years to come.
There is very little profit in reseller as of now. . what do u think..

Wot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think I have a few that may attract a buyer or three - hopefully!

www.TajMahal.co.in

scorpio

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ah wot it was you who took gems.co.in ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators