Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

.in pre-registration

Status
Not open for further replies.

SedoCoUk

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello there

Just to let you all know that we can now list both .in and .co.in on Sedo for sale!

Glad to hear some of you have got some great names already.

You can naturally park them with us too. Unlike other parking providers, we actually pay for traffic from the Indian region and our ads are geo-targetted too, so you'll have relevant ads for Indian viewers. I'm sure the domains will get a lot of traffic due to the great excitement over this massive launch.
Make your domains earn back your registry fees!

Please remember though that the 60 day transfer lock means that if any of you want to snap up any names on Sedo, you'll have to wait till April 16th to transfer them or list them in our Featured Listings!

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Ed

Key Account Manager
UK Marketing Associate

SEDO.CO.UK :: Buy and Sell Domain Names and Websites
tel within UK 0871 900 8450 :: fax 0871 900 8451
tel +49 221.420.758.156 :: fax +49 221.420.758.11
tel (US) (877)-349-5902 :: fax (212)-202-3951
email: [email protected] :: http://www.sedo.co.uk

missedcall

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok let me ask..Directi wants us to pay for changing the DNS servers of a domain ????

Let me know

UKPro

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Mr Kumar, I am surprised that you don't agree there is potential in this extention. We have invested in 1000 generics so far, most 50 million returns + on Google and are certain that once the extension is recognised on the net, we will do pretty well. What makes you think this extension will not work on the IN ternet ?

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
a2zofb2b said:
I think the fairest way for the directi to allocate pre-registered domains ( in case of multiple pre-registration) is the time-stamp.

Who is to know what that stamp is? This thing is just wide open to manipulation.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DotComGod said:
That's pretty cool, I went the other way and regged the top 100 Hindi words.

:cheeky: God is in.

UKPro

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree. I think the whole thing is disgusting. How a coalition of 16? registrars didn't first check that there may be a problem with the registrar I will never know

friday

Half way there :)
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is the response I got just from Directi, 5 days after the debacle began:

Please note that we do not have any update on how the allocation process is going to be carried out. I will also like you to know that the auction is not going to be taking place.

Please do not hesitate to contact us, should you need any further assistance till then.

Regards,

bunder

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
got a few good names which i will either develop myself or co-develop. list is at www.dotindia.in

cheers

Leslie

manish

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is the reply I got from Directi on distribution of names which have mutliple applications.

Hello Manish,

When the registry mandated that there cannot be any Auction for domain names, they did not specify a particular allocation method, but left it to the discretion of the Registrar.

Now, there is no binding rule that states allocation should be done on a first applied first served basis - you would agree that, under current circumstances, it seems unwise to use this formula.

Our team is thus working towards finding an optimum method of allocation of domain names. This might well be determined taking various factors into consideration, instead of merely considering priority of application.

Please rest assured that we shall fully ensure that the allocation is done in a just manner. On the 25th, the right applicant shall be awarded the domain name.

Have a nice day!

Regards,
--------

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Just tell them you want to follow the generations-old method of palm-oiling :-D

manish

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This may be because more than 22% customers of Directi are from India. This does not include NRIs.

Wot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have a list of most of the multi regged names at Directi , will be very interested to check out the whois on 25th !!

Wot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Freddy@EuroDNS said:
publish it!

"And be damned" - I will keep it to myself until Saturday :evil:

KwelX

The Godfather
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
wot - that's a very valuable list. i wonder how many of those premium names will drop.

i'm hoping to catch a few myself.

friday

Half way there :)
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Does anyone understand what directi's latest notice is about.

"This temporary contact information is being replaced by us with the information of the customer to whom the domain name is allotted, as and when we finish processing the applications for each domain name."

manish

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They have started allocating names. Check whois for blog.in, bank.in etc.

The Allotment process is changed such that it is in full compliance with the registries new notification and changed rules, and is primarily based on a first come first served basis i.e. whoever ordered the domain name first is given preference for allotment. All domain names are being allotted by us at NO ADDITIONAL FEE, as the Auction no longer exists.

I am not sure what they mean by "primarily based on first come first served basis". I thought its just based on that.

Anyone noticed high ranking keywords .IN names have been allocated to companies and not individuals. I have asked for the time stamps on all my orders. Awaiting their reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom