• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Incorporating in Canada, Any Advice for Me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

insomnia

DNF Regular
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2002
Messages
869
Reaction score
0
Hi guys,

I'm about to incorporate into an actual identity to protect myself and my assets. My partner and I basically develop sites from the ground up, so we figured its about time to become a real company, also because we're starting up some sites where legal liability could be an issue in this sue-happy culture.

Was wondering if anyone could help us out by giving some advice. Whats the process like? Estimated costs? We're in Ontario, but from what we've researched we'd probably want to incorporate federally because of the nature of our online business. If any Canadians in the same position could comment, would be much appreciated. Thanks
 
My advise is to think twice. I know your seeking protection but you'll be adding tons of paperwork, accounting fees, annual reports etc. I did it for a few years and went back to good 'ol partnership.
 
My advise is to think twice. I know your seeking protection but you'll be adding tons of paperwork, accounting fees, annual reports etc. I did it for a few years and went back to good 'ol partnership.

Not so sure being partnership incorporated would prevent liability in the case of being sued, correct?

Nice links DNP, will check em out!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom