Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Indian and Amrican Domain copyright Issue

vardaan

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hello Friends , I hope this is the best section to place this question. Actually a few months back i bought a broad Keyword based .net domain to open a blog on India which is online and running succesfully and thinking of acquiring its .com tld as well. But the issue is .org is an [Copyright © a 501(c)(3) ] organization by an American. They are NGO and i am developing a community based on India. will it be a copyright issue ? Looking for an expert suggestion.

Osirisxx

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I am by no means a expert but from my research I'd say if it'd a broad keyword and your website is related to something completely different I'd doubt there is any issue, if you want to PM me the domain I could take a more educated guess :)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Copyrights and trademarks are two different things. Depending on your use of the domain you might run into issues regardless of location. Talk to a qualified IP attorney.

ulterios

Don't look back, it's confusing!
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
As Theo said above, copyrights and Trademarks are completely different. I do think that you will be fine as long as your site and it's niche/field are different form those that you are concerned about.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom