Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Initial Impressions Of Ad-tech

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParkLogic

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
2e1ax_default_frontpage_20140221_qantas.jpg

The last 36 hours have been really busy. After the 14 hour flight from Melbourne to LA we were delayed by weather for our connecting flight to San Francisco by a few hours. Not a problem. I put the time to use by catching up on some sleep and trying to ram my body into the US Pacific time zone.....a tough job.

Upon arriving in SF I had a meeting and then headed to Ad-tech. I hate to say it but I was a little underwhelmed. I'd always heard that Ad-tech was the play to go if you had traffic and it's size really surprised me. It was quite small. It only took me about 20 minutes to go up and down the few aisles with booths and that was about it.

It looked like there were a few interesting tier 2 advertising companies but none of the majors were in appearance. Where was Google or even Yahoo? Isn't it just up the road from them?

Due to lack of time we only had a few brief conversations prior to the exhibition floor closing. I'lll be back tomorrow after another meeting and try and come to discover if there are any real tangible opportunities amongst the attendees and booths. It will be interesting but I'm not really holding my breath.

What I am looking forward to is catching up with all of my friends and making new friends at DomainFest. That will be a lot of fun! Please feel free to drop me a line here if you would like to catchup. Cheers!

Read More

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom