Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

closed insights.com - what to do with this name?

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

prasit

hi guys,

all great ideas are welcome here. i'm new to this forum, but I find that you guys are all internet expert, so pls give me some ideas what should i do with this name.

Well as you already know "insight" would be great, but since you have the plural edition, my advice is to keep it !
It's a great name and with the right innovation and creative sizzle you could have a hitter!

Best of luck!!

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by prasit
...so pls give me some ideas what should i do with this name.

Sell it...

You don't sound too eager to develop it.

My thoughts on this domain lead me to think it would make a great "What's Happening" type news site for your particular locale. Only with this news site it should be "trendy". Depending on what country you are from, doing a mock-up site with real-time news, and pictures of people having fun on the homepage will bring you in more money. After you've dressed up the domain take it out to the "prom" and see if you get lucky!:eek:

Like I've always said: A domain that is dressed up, is better than well, just a domain itself.

Good Luck!

izopod

alldig

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Great name.... 5k-10k resale.

IPatlas

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
insider info site - dunno how you are going to do this, insider info never leaves insiders

hmmm.. okay use it as synonym to "tips" I don;t mean the ones you give to your waiter, I mean little "how to" or seasoned expert advice.

P

prasit

i'm developing, but need more contents. don't know what to focus first.

Who-Wiz

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I think the "Insider Tips" thought is nice, but only if you're a person who gets passed secrets at an alarming rate by close pals that don't mind you reselling their various thoughts and techniques for your own profit. Secrets that REALLY pay off... not the worn out hand-me-down secrets. By focusing on this type of content, IMO your setting yourself up for people contantly asking themselves "was THAT insightful?" Sounds like a website like this would be more appropriate as "Insiders.com".

The easiest thing you could do (I feel) is collect quotes from famous people that give insights to life (Deepak Chopra, Stephen Covey, etc). Get a good amount of traffic going, and SELL the bugger (if you need the dough, if not... have fun with this!) Quotes are more generally understood as "insights" with much less qualification (Doesn't seem insightful?... Then you're not looking close enough!)

You could also set up a nice website profiling "insightful" literature and media. Go to Amazon and the keyword "Insights" brings up over 1500 items.

"The Celestine Prophecy" should be one of your top promotions. People will eat it up. Read it (try not to gag), its a fun romp. Work the "Guru" angle.

With any luck, you work this angle long enough, and the ultimate use for the domain will "come to you". ;)

W|Z

P

prasit

Who-Wiz, thanks a lot. very good ideas

this forum is very resourceful indeed. no wonder why it's so popular. :)

Whois-Search, thanks for the appraisal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators