Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Internet.bs - I am massively impressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

erdinc

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Marco,

Your domain push system is completely wrong. I have never seen other registrars making the same mistake as you do. In fact most registrars correctly update whois data automatically during the push. I don't know any registrars that has such a big and obvious mistake as you do. What is more natural than property changing hands and whois data reflecting the change?

If you didn't come here insisting on such an obvious blunder, I would have thought that this mistake was an oversight during the site creation. It is so obvious that whois data should be updated during push, the only logical explanation for internet.bs is that you forgot to add this feature at the beginning. I can not believe that you seriously support such a huge mistake.

Please correct your mistake and try to not argue on such huge mistakes because it makes people really really upset. I can not tell you how much I control myself right now not to tell you what I think about your argument. But I can tell that it is very very wrong.

If you had only some experience about selling at sedo.com and escrow.com you would know exactly why it is so wrong to leave whois unchanged during domain push.

This is the biggest blunder I have ever seen in any registrar. You should fix this immediately and edit your above post. You can not be seriously arguing that you are doing the correct thing by leaving whois unchanged after a push.

It is not my job to ask a complete stranger a lot of personal details so that I can update the whois because some useless website does not do this automatically.

To me it looks like you don't understand whois contacts. The admin contact of a domain shows the owner of the domain. You can not have a domain in your account with somebody elses whois details on it. Your system allows exactly that.

I'm selling domains to people who don't know what a domain is. Don't make me beg them to remove my whois details and put theirs after I have already pushed the domain.

Last edited:

MarcoRinaudo

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Erdin,

I do not agree with you, it looks like you just want to demostrate how bad we are when I have shown that you can achieve exactly what you asked, and even more, using our interface and in a matter of a few clicks.
Once again, our PUSH feature offer the highest level of flexibility, there is no implementation mistake on it, if there was I would have admitted it.
Our accounts offer our customers the flexibility to have thousand of domains each of them fully indipendent, we do not force our customers to have all their domains sharing the same Registrant's details.
Understand that our accounts are conceived to please Resellers, Domainers and end-users. The way you want our accounts to work would only fit end-users.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I use internetbsnet alot, and I am not happy with the push feature. If I push - the contacts would have to change to new accounts contacts. Or some kind feature to check box, keep current whois info or use new account info

MarcoRinaudo

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I use internetbsnet alot, and I am not happy with the push feature. If I push - the contacts would have to change to new accounts contacts. Or some kind feature to check box, keep current whois info or use new account info

what about changing the whois data before PUSHing? Your destination contact might have hundred or thousand of domains under the destination account and it make more sense to change the whois data prior to PUSHing or let the receiver chose the whois data he likes.

By the way, we are taking in account the suggestions from both Erdin and you and studying if there is another acceptable approach that could be introduced.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
what about changing the whois data before PUSHing? Your destination contact might have hundred or thousand of domains under the destination account and it make more sense to change the whois data prior to PUSHing or let the receiver chose the whois data he likes.

By the way, we are taking in account the suggestions from both Erdin and you and study if there is another acceptable approach that could be introduced.

why should the new account see what whois info I have behind private whois??? and typically the new account owner is someone new. Why should I take care of the whois???? Sometimes I don`t even know the new owner.

your system is wrong, take a look at moniker, fabulous, enom, why they all have other solution??? and you say your is the right one?

If I sell at sedo.com , push to sedo account I still see my info!! sometimes the account managers don`t change the info for months, auth emails I recive etcc....

Last edited:

MarcoRinaudo

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
why should the new account see what whois info I have behind private whois??? and typically the new account owner is someone new. Why should I take care of the whois???? Sometimes I don`t even know the new owner.

your system is wrong, take a look at moniker, fabulous, enom, why they all have oter solution??? and you say your is the right one?

who said that the new account owner has to see your data behind private whois?

Please read my previous post, I didn't say that we are the right one, what I said is that we offer the flexibility to do as our competitors and, if you prefer, in a different way as well, you chose what is more appropriate for you.

Once you know how our system works, there is absolutely no issue, you can do exactly as the competitors you mentioned or you can do it in a different way accordingly to your needs.

The concern here is that you are assuming the new account owner is ALWAYS a total stranger, which is fair enough to assume but it is not always the case.

Furthermore the receiver account has the flexibility of managing thousand of different Registrants, it would be difficult without compromising privacy to automatically alter whois data without having to disclose the receiver's account multiple Registrants...

You might have multiple accounts under our system and you might want to move domains from one account to another without having to alter whois data.

Our assumption is very simple, PUSHing a domain is just changing the account from where you manage it, not the Registrant's details.

If you have sold a domain to a third party you have to update the whois data of the domain before PUSHing it.

Where is the concern?

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
who said that the new account owner has to see your data behind private whois?

Please read my previous post, I didn't say that we are the right one, what I said is that we offer the flexibility to do as our competitors and, if you prefer, in a different way as well, you chose what is more appropriate for you.

Once you know how our system works, there is absolutely no issue, you can do exactly as the competitors you mentioned or you can do it in a different way accordingly to your needs.

The concern here is that you are assuming the new account owner is ALWAYS a total stranger, which is fair enough to assume but it is not always the case.

Furthermore the receiver account has the flexibility of managing thousand of different Registrants, it would be difficult without compromising privacy to automatically alter whois data without having to disclose the receiver's account multiple Registrants...

You might have multiple accounts under our system and you might want to move domains from one account to another without having to alter whois data.

Our assumption is very simple, PUSHing a domain is just changing the account from where you manage it, not the Registrant's details.

If you have sold a domain to a third party you have to update the whois data of the domain before PUSHing it.

Where is the concern?

I am sorry Marco but I don´t get your points. we talked avout it in email too some time ago. For me there is abolutly no need that after the push my account contact details go to new account. NONE.
or even if I could choose in your system, KEEP current whois data with push . Or take new accounts whois data. SOme kind check box woul dbe a solution.
Don`t get my wrong I love the registrar, but this push thing is totally wrong in my opinion

MarcoRinaudo

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
all right Stuff but after a PUSH we simply move the current Registrant's details that by the way are public, do you see the point? and if you don't want them moved, simply update the whois data before PUSHisg, where is the problem?

Now I understand that for you it could be useless but there are customers that instead need it.

The way our PUSH is implemented, allows to satisfy both your needs and those of other customers.

erdinc

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Marco,

Your domain push leaves whois data unchanged and you still argue with me this is the correct thing. To prove that this is not the correct thing here are screenshots of other registrars:

Godaddy
aepk54.gif

Bigrock
2dsfek9.gif

Namecheap
2mwila0.gif

Name.com
2z7kea0.gif

Moniker
34dstvb.gif

Dynadot
No screenshot because they automatically use recipients whois details after push and there is no option to select.

As you can see, all these registrars allow me to push a domain and at the same time have the domain show the recipients whois details after the push. Only you do it incorrectly and leave old whois data in place after the push without giving the option to update the whois data during push.

I can not find any registrar that does not update automatically whois details or does not provide that option to select during push. You are the only registrar with this problem.

Your incorrect argument that whois data can be manually edited before push, does not fix the problem. Each time a domain is pushed the seller and buyer would have to exchange personal information prior to the push. This is not how things are done.

I'm not here to say something bad about you. I'm your customer. I'm already using you. I like internet.bs and I said earlier that you are one of the good registrars and you just need to change a few details.

Not in my life I would have thought that you would turn out to with such a stubborn argument. I have seen you at NP too and you seemed always helpful and active on forums. But I don't understand why you insist on such obvious mistakes.

To prove my point I added the screenshots but you will probably find some reason to argue that you are correct and everybody else is wrong.

Before I talked to you I thought the Dynadot people were stubborn.

Last edited:

MarcoRinaudo

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
excellent Erdinc. I have enough details to elaborate a proposal to my tech. team. I am sure we will come up with an excellent solution that will match your expectations.
Thanks for your precious feedbacks.

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 PM ----------

Because the idea is to be productive and bring results here some concerns I immediately see in changing our approach:

1) By default we do not force our customers to create a default contact template and many of our customers are using multiple contact templates on a daily basis, so which one is the most appropriate when you PUSH a domain to their account would be a nice guesswork...
2) Some extensions such as .fr, .eu, .be, .it, are not allowing to update whois data for free, that would be a TRADE.

Of course the two points might not be of a concern for some Registrars as they assume you only have a Registrant per account and/or they do not offer .fr, .eu, .be, .it...

The above concern partially explain our current approach. Any suggestions are welcome. The idea is not to add extra constraints or complexity and not to have a different approach accordingly to the extension...once again we have to please all customers not just a specific segment.

erdinc

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Marco,

Your approach is better. Everybody else is doing it wrong. We all want to push domains to strangers and still keep our contacts on domains that we don't own anymore. This makes perfect sense. You are great. You are so logical.

MarcoRinaudo

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Erdinc,

that's not what I stated, I have heard your comments and I am willing to adapt our approach to please your market segement. I do understand that each customer is different and we try to please all of them. I have exposed the concern I see in implementing an approach similar to other Registrars. If you have a suggestion that could help improve our approach and that would take in account my above comments, you are more than welcome.

erdinc

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It is very simple. Look at the screenshots above. They have an option to select "change whois details to recipient". You will add that option to all tlds except those that cause a problem. So this is your second problem solved.

As for the first problem, I explained earlier that you should add a special menu item called "manage contacts" and on that page you should add an item that says "default profile". When a new account is created you will simply copy users account details and use them to create the default whois profile. If you check dynadots new account page you can see that they ask address details. I suggest the same. Take the address details right at the beginning to create a default whois profile. Then when the user goes in and changes that default profile, then his new version will become his default profile.

You might ask, "How are we going to implement this to existing customers?". This can be done the same way sites update their terms. When an existing user logs in you will display a page that says the following:
-----------------------------------------------------------
We added a new page for managing whois profiles. Whois data is public information about the domain owner such as registrant name, address and email. Before you can register, transfer or push a domain into your account, you need to create a default whois profile. To create your default whois profile,

<a>Continue</a> [this link opens to manage contacts page]
-----------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

MarcoRinaudo

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
good and productive suggestions Erdinc, I am passing all those details to our implementation team and take advantage of all your comments.

Michel32

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I did not see this posted yet so here is some big news from Internet.bs:

http://www.internetbs.net/en/faq/co...olicy-to-prevent-consumers_-health-risks.html

Basically if you are on this list you are screwed unless you get verified by one of the 4 other verification programs out there:
http://www.nabp.net/programs/consumer-protection/buying-medicine-online/not-recommended-sites/

I wonder how often and how abusive they will become now that Internet.bs is granting the NABP all this power of shutting down any pharmacy site it wants simply by positing it to that list. I am sure l3g1tsc1pt is going to attempt to manipulate the heck out of it. At least its not an american organization that is corrupt.

I recommend that you transfer your domains to: http://www.cndomainsite.com/ ASAP since they are bullet proof and they are based in China, they also offer free whois protection.

Last edited:

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Internet.bs got slapped for being complacent toward counterfeit meds, now they scramble to save face.
Read the l3g1tsc1pt report, even if you don't agree with it.

MasterP

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Internet.bs blocked my domain for spam (21.12.12).
I explained, that Spam send my enemies, as the result of such actions the site is added to different black lists in the Internet and the domain is blocked by the registrator. Then the domain unblocked (28.12.12) without any explanations. It seemed to me that the registrator believed me and I did not transfer the domain. In five days the domain was blocked again (2.01.2013). And I can’t get any reasonable answer from them for 21 days yet.
Internet.bs has a bad support team. Firstly they do not have a telephone number. Their Live Chat is rarely online and it can’t help me in this problem. Email support does not answer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom