Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

cctld Introducing DomDom.ca's TBR Search Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnWinner

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!
I hope you had a nice longggggg week-end! Now it's time to go back to business! :lol:

I'm happy to introduce DomDom's TBR Search Engine!

You can filter TBR domains by the following categories:

Everywhere on the site you can click on a domain name to see full details:

The site is fully responsive, you can browse around using your mobile phone:

I really hope you'll like it! :yes:

There is way more to come but for now I gotta work on the EPP integration and payment system (<-my most brilliant idea!) :lol:

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I see they aren't working yet, but will you be tracking the names searched for Availability and Whois on your site when they are working?

JohnWinner

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I see they aren't working yet, but will you be tracking the names searched for Availability and Whois on your site when they are working?

I have no plan to do this.
I can understand the value of such feature for domainers (and in a SEO viewpoint) but as a client searching for a good name this just sounds bad... But maybe I don't understand what you have in mind? Please drop me a PM if you would like to elaborate.

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to confirm you wouldn't be doing this as it is an issue in some places where they offer these search features.

thanks

I have no plan to do this.
I can understand the value of such feature for domainers (and in a SEO viewpoint) but as a client searching for a good name this just sounds bad... But maybe I don't understand what you have in mind? Please drop me a PM if you would like to elaborate.

JohnWinner

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
A quick note to announce that WHOIS feature is now functional on DomDom.ca

You'll be happy to know that there is NO monitoring of WHOIS requests. (Thanks to jaydub for the reminder!)
Also the email addresses in WHOIS info are not only clickable but encrypted to protect domain owner privacy from data scraping. Yes, privacy is a serious matter! :approve:
Also I made sure you can do multiple WHOIS requests as fast as possible: enter domain (with or without .ca), press Enter, view the results, press Escape, repeat. Fast and easy!
(there will be a bulk tool just for checking availability)

Hope you'll enjoy! Stay tuned for more... and good luck with tomorrow's TBR session! :)

JohnWinner

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,
An update to tell you that Domains Availability is now... available! You can check up to 200 domain names at the same time and it takes a huge 2-3 seconds to perform the check! Again, there is no monitoring of the domain names you may check. One cool feature is that when you search for old TBR domains, the availability is shown automatically in real time next to the domain names. Example:

Soon enough the green bullets will be replaced with a cart so ordering a domain will be 1 click away!
Thanks and have a nice day! :)

Vanster

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nice work John!

Have you run into any problems with querying the CIRA whois system too often? Is there a limit to how many queries you can do in a given time frame?

I'd hammer it from here, but I'd hate to get my ip blacklisted :)

JohnWinner

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nice work John!

Have you run into any problems with querying the CIRA whois system too often? Is there a limit to how many queries you can do in a given time frame?

I'd hammer it from here, but I'd hate to get my ip blacklisted :)

Hi Vanster,
Did you know that DomDom is actually a certified .ca registrar? I'm actually "hammering" the EPP server, not the WHOIS. ;)
I don't know the limit of the WHOIS server but I know that they do blacklist IP.
Anyway, if you need to check availability of many domains in my humble opinion I think that I have developed one of the best, fastest and safest (safe as in "nobody will steal your ideas" and as in "you won't get your IP blacklisted" :lol:) tool in the market. Give it a try!

Vanster

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Of course, duh! Are you able to see past the whois privacy for domains not under your management?

JohnWinner

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Of course, duh! Are you able to see past the whois privacy for domains not under your management?

Sorry Vanster, I had a doubt and though that maybe I wasn't clear enough with my whole service. ;)
Unfortunately no, we can only see contact details of our sponsored domains.

Vanster

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That's a good thing IMHO :) Don't want unscrupulous registrars selling whois info :p

Vanster

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Or $1k for the whole db, zipped :) 2,078,915 records, 1024 bytes each, would fill half a DVD unzipped, and like 100mb zipped. It's amazing to think how much money it takes to manage a pretty small dataset...

2,078,915 * $8 = 16631320.0 so that's $16,631,320 !!!! $16 million a year!... hmmm....

Last edited:

JohnWinner

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,
In case you did not see my latest post, domdom.ca is now accepting TBR backorders. For more info please visit the TBR FAQ

Also, as of today, you can now search by keyword using the .ca TBR search engine:

Hope you'll find this useful. Happy TBR!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom