• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

For Sale Introducing DomDom.ca's TBR Search Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnWinner

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2005
Messages
34
Reaction score
7
Hello everyone!
I hope you had a nice longggggg week-end! Now it's time to go back to business! :lol:

I'm happy to introduce DomDom's TBR Search Engine!



You can filter TBR domains by the following categories:



Everywhere on the site you can click on a domain name to see full details:



The site is fully responsive, you can browse around using your mobile phone:



I really hope you'll like it! :yes:

There is way more to come but for now I gotta work on the EPP integration and payment system (<-my most brilliant idea!) :lol:
 
I see they aren't working yet, but will you be tracking the names searched for Availability and Whois on your site when they are working?
 
I see they aren't working yet, but will you be tracking the names searched for Availability and Whois on your site when they are working?

I have no plan to do this.
I can understand the value of such feature for domainers (and in a SEO viewpoint) but as a client searching for a good name this just sounds bad... But maybe I don't understand what you have in mind? Please drop me a PM if you would like to elaborate.
 
I just wanted to confirm you wouldn't be doing this as it is an issue in some places where they offer these search features.

thanks


I have no plan to do this.
I can understand the value of such feature for domainers (and in a SEO viewpoint) but as a client searching for a good name this just sounds bad... But maybe I don't understand what you have in mind? Please drop me a PM if you would like to elaborate.
 
A quick note to announce that WHOIS feature is now functional on DomDom.ca

You'll be happy to know that there is NO monitoring of WHOIS requests. (Thanks to jaydub for the reminder!)
Also the email addresses in WHOIS info are not only clickable but encrypted to protect domain owner privacy from data scraping. Yes, privacy is a serious matter! :approve:
Also I made sure you can do multiple WHOIS requests as fast as possible: enter domain (with or without .ca), press Enter, view the results, press Escape, repeat. Fast and easy!
(there will be a bulk tool just for checking availability)

Hope you'll enjoy! Stay tuned for more... and good luck with tomorrow's TBR session! :)
 
Hi,
An update to tell you that Domains Availability is now... available! You can check up to 200 domain names at the same time and it takes a huge 2-3 seconds to perform the check! Again, there is no monitoring of the domain names you may check. One cool feature is that when you search for old TBR domains, the availability is shown automatically in real time next to the domain names. Example:



Soon enough the green bullets will be replaced with a cart so ordering a domain will be 1 click away!
Thanks and have a nice day! :)
 
Nice work John!

Have you run into any problems with querying the CIRA whois system too often? Is there a limit to how many queries you can do in a given time frame?

I'd hammer it from here, but I'd hate to get my ip blacklisted :)
 
Nice work John!

Have you run into any problems with querying the CIRA whois system too often? Is there a limit to how many queries you can do in a given time frame?

I'd hammer it from here, but I'd hate to get my ip blacklisted :)

Hi Vanster,
Did you know that DomDom is actually a certified .ca registrar? I'm actually "hammering" the EPP server, not the WHOIS. ;)
I don't know the limit of the WHOIS server but I know that they do blacklist IP.
Anyway, if you need to check availability of many domains in my humble opinion I think that I have developed one of the best, fastest and safest (safe as in "nobody will steal your ideas" and as in "you won't get your IP blacklisted" :lol:) tool in the market. Give it a try!
 
i will agree it is fast at providing results
 
Of course, duh! Are you able to see past the whois privacy for domains not under your management?
 
Of course, duh! Are you able to see past the whois privacy for domains not under your management?

Sorry Vanster, I had a doubt and though that maybe I wasn't clear enough with my whole service. ;)
Unfortunately no, we can only see contact details of our sponsored domains.
 
That's a good thing IMHO :) Don't want unscrupulous registrars selling whois info :p
 
Or $1k for the whole db, zipped :) 2,078,915 records, 1024 bytes each, would fill half a DVD unzipped, and like 100mb zipped. It's amazing to think how much money it takes to manage a pretty small dataset...


2,078,915 * $8 = 16631320.0 so that's $16,631,320 !!!! $16 million a year!... hmmm....
 
Last edited:
Hi folks,
In case you did not see my latest post, domdom.ca is now accepting TBR backorders. For more info please visit the TBR FAQ

Also, as of today, you can now search by keyword using the .ca TBR search engine:



Hope you'll find this useful. Happy TBR!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom