• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

iP01 - Anyone ever heard of them? FREE Premium hosting offered to me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoPC

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2006
Messages
1,349
Reaction score
1
"iP01's Premium Web Hosting Service"

Was offered to me for FREE for 6 months via email. They said that FixedHomeRates.com was selected as a premium domain and they would like to offer me Premium Hosting for 6 Months....

Who are they? Anyone ever dealt with them or have even heard of them?

GoPC
 
Spam, you should just delete spam, not discuss about it here :)
 
Maybe it's spam in terms of how I got the note... but if these guys are SCAMMERS and not just SPAMMERS, I think we should all know about it.

Don't you?

6 Months of FREE Premium Hosting IS very tempting... I want more than that though if I'm going to give it a try. I also want more than just pure speculation before I decide NOT to try.

GoPC
 
Not really. I received their offer 4 years ago when I registered my new domain for about a week. They really provided me the hosting needed for 1 year. Then the fun part comes at the end of 1 year, they suspend my account and urge me to renew my hosting plan, or they will not let me access. Thank god I have backups of everything. They are ip01.net, and they give these offers to newly registered domains randomly.

I still remember it very clearly today.
 
Useful warning... Thanks!
Someone could find them through a SE...
 
That's what I wanted to know... thanks!

GoPC
 
6 Months of FREE Premium Hosting IS very tempting...

Yes, so are those $35 million (THIRTY FIVE MILION US DOLLARS) which the poor Mariam Abacha from Nigeria need you to help her to transfer out from their country :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom