Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

moniker is it possible to tranfer a domain out of moniker after it has expired?

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Moniker.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
is it possible to tranfer a domain out of moniker after it has expired? I know some registrars allow this. not sure if moniker does. does anyone know?

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It is possible and I've done it for Moniker names. Ask Moniker directly to be sure of their policy about this. But I don't remember the # of days they give you to do this. I'll check. I remember the name was left in your account for up to 35 days, at least it was at some point in the past. It also depends on the ext, ccTLD's are real strict on this, for example. And even for common exts that doesn't mean you can wait that long (up to 35 days) to transfer it out. Do it asap and if it can't be done because it's been too long Moniker will simply not let you unlock it and/or email you the auth code. I am sure the period given to unlock the name and get the auth code is a lot shorter. Other registrars simply do not allow you to move a name out once the domain expires, except when you've unlocked the domain and obtained the auth code before exp date. Go Daddy is one of them

iHaveThisIdea

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Trying to do this now -- it's been expired for TWO WEEKS and I have no choice but to renew via Moniker. Too bad; I paid for a transfer to GD.

If anyone knows a backdoor way to unlock and send auth code via Moniker, please inform! ...Looks like I'll have to call M. tomorrow to complain :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom