• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Is quantity or quality preferred? What are your buying habits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyFuture

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jun 23, 2006
Messages
519
Reaction score
1
I myself have a portfolio of over 500 properties and wondered what others do when considering making a purchase.
When you are buying domains do you buy in bulk or buy individual domains for keyword value?
anyone wanna :playball:
 
i buy individual domains for keyword value.........
 
supposedly quality ??? .. Dont know if I have the idea right yet :)

Ill get there...
 
Anyone who's into quantity, I have a great deal for you. 1,000 domains for $1,000. All .com!

Not to be mean, but think about the fact that we are dealing with something for which there is an unlimited supply. Quality is the only consideration. Quantity means nothing.
 
Quality. I haven't bought more than 10-15 domains at a single shot.
 
I strongly agree... having to renew domains without quality is more expensive than actually purchasing domains ($1000 for 1000 domains) I don't think you would even want to renew it!!!
quality is better than quantity! :wubpink:


Duckinla said:
Anyone who's into quantity, I have a great deal for you. 1,000 domains for $1,000. All .com!

Not to be mean, but think about the fact that we are dealing with something for which there is an unlimited supply. Quality is the only consideration. Quantity means nothing.
 
defo qulaity evertime the most in bulk i have brought is five
 
3 years ago when I first started, it was definitely quantity.... now it's strictly quality, a bit more pricey but pays itself off in the long run since there's less to renew and an increase in potential of reseling the name
 
Now if I only had a clue to know what quality is when I see it....
 
commandercody said:
Now if I only had a clue to know what quality is when I see it....

quality.com :thumb:

-Joe
 
It's unanimous. Quality is the only thing that has enduring value. Once the threshold for "quality" is reached, you then have grades of quality ... from fair to excellent. Fair - good - very good - excellent (true premium).
 
quality wins out, i have a mortgage domain that earns 5 dolars a click and even at 5 visitors a week make more than most of my domains
 
Dissenting voice.

I've tended to go more for quantity rather than quality, and still do so. My 7000 domains have probably cost an average of around $15 each, although the current average acquisition cost is nearer $18 to $20 per domain.
 
7000DnsX$15=$105 000

if you have a cheapest registrar, you may pay $7 for 1 domain.
7000DnsX$7= $49000/12month = 4,083.33333/per month.
wow, you have to pay this much per month just to renew your domain?

You have earn more than this from ppc company or else, Wow
 
well, he also makes money on selling domains with profit I believe.
Just a couple of good buys / sales with profits will surely cover the reg costs for the whole bundle.

I believe if you are going more for quantity than you are more under stress with buying/selling to make your numbers.

If you look more on quality you may in total invest more in your domains but on the other side you do not need to do so much buying/selling since your reg fees are covered with higher parking/ppc etc. profit from your quality domains.

If you would (or do ;-) make just 5 cents per day / per domain, with a portfolio of 7000 domain names you make a perfectly good living :violin: ....doing nothing. And thats where I wanna be.......

So lets get out there and buy.....

You just need the 'right' 7000 domains, thats all

:humble:
 
DNbulk said:
well, he also makes money on selling domains with profit I believe.

Quite right. With only PPC income I would be making a loss every month.

DNbulk said:
Just a couple of good buys / sales with profits will surely cover the reg costs for the whole bundle.

I'm afraid my sales aren't that good. I need around 8 average sales a month if I want to pay the reg fees from sales.

DNbulk said:
I believe if you are going more for quantity than you are more under stress with buying/selling to make your numbers.

True! It's pretty much a full time affair.
 
Lets say that even those of you choosing to go behind ´quality´ domains have for sure great differences of view what really quality means. And that´s a relevant point also.
 
what is a quality domain ?

For me a quality domain is any domain that already does or could (with little efforts) pay a minimum 1.5 - 2 x times of their reg fee per year through simple domain parking.

the real question should be "how to identify the quality domain names"
and that's some info that hardly anyone will give you, I guess.....
 
Well...I haven´t ask for info...I´m the owner of the most valuable domains :bounce:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom