• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Is there any admin checking messages??

italiandragon

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2006
Messages
2,588
Reaction score
5
Hello, at the bottom where it says "contact" (https://www.dnforum.com/misc/contact)

I sent a question 2 days ago...it's quite urgent because it is related to an auction and so I am going to ask it here again, maybe someone knows :)

I am not sure if I can list an auction going on in another domainers forum in the external link auction section of this forum.

I read the TOS (point 16) :

=========================
16. Promoting other domain name or webmaster related forums (or any forum that resembles the structure and/or content of DNForum) in your posts, signatures, or in any way on the forum is not permitted, unless it is a legitimate sale, and then you may ONLY post the sale in the proper forum and not in your signature or anywhere else on the forum. THIS INCLUDES ANY FORUMS THAT HAVE ANY OF THE SAME CATEGORIES WE HAVE.
=========================

so I think I can but would like to avoid any trouble so I am double checking...

Thanks
 
Upvote 0
You can ask us here first (Mods). Admin only takes care of the system among other things,

To answer your question. You CANNOT list the auction more than one place.
This is common as how do you determine who would be the winner?
 
AFAIK pm an admin for site issues and the more serious stuff like problems with a rogue member, membership perks, special permissions to do stuff, etc But it's the mods like Johnn who get to have all the fun getting pm's for just about anything else ! :D
 
You can ask us here first (Mods). Admin only takes care of the system among other things,

To answer your question. You CANNOT list the auction more than one place.
This is common as how do you determine who would be the winner?


Hi Johnn, thanks for the reply, maybe I did not explain myself properly but I just would like to post a link to the auction, however, given the fact it is a "a forum that resembles the structure and/or content of DNForum", I wonder if I can do it or not, just once (in the external auction link section).

Thanks
 
External link allowed for auction houses: Sedo. eBay, afternic etc ...but not from another domain forum.

Beside you have the best forum here why list somewhere else?
 
External link allowed for auction houses: Sedo. eBay, afternic etc ...but not from another domain forum.

Beside you have the best forum here why list somewhere else?

Well, because this forum has never had many people supporting the idea that random LLLL.com had value and the domain I put for auction, despite being also a first and last name, here is not even getting one opinion on its reseller value: https://www.dnforum.com/threads/how...ly-used-first-name-and-also-last-name.540968/

Thanks for the answer though...as you may know English is not my native language so from the way the TOS is worded, I wrongly got the impression I could post the link.
 
Back
Top Bottom