• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Is this Genuine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you are unsure, you can also use a tool such as urltrends.com to look up a website. It will also point to links, i.e. substituting a fake PR for a Real one.
 
Thanks I just needed another party to confirm this. They are selling loads of PR5, PR6 and PR7 domains every week that are fake - I think anyone who uses ebay should be alerted of this, and also they should be reported to ebay, as they are selling some domains for $200+ and knocking out several per week...
 
paulc said:
It has no back links in yahoo or msn, but still shows a PR7 on the future page rank tool..

You've used your own due diligence to discover it's fake pagerank.
 
Yeah I ahve noticed this several times on ebay and reported people but not sure if ebay does anything or not.

I am going to post a question to the lister and see what he/she says if you havent already.
 
ebay are not bothered there happy with the nice commisions,i have complained a few times about con artists but get no joy !
 
Did you notice this in the listing?

the domain name is:
www.gcedirect.com



PageRank: 7/10



Check page rank on http://www.pagerank.net/pagerank-checker/

starting bid with a very low $35.00 start. No Reserve NR.
if you have any questions feel free to ask by mail.

This is a 3 days only auction!!!

The Google Pagerank explained: http://www.iprcom.com/papers/pagerank/

All sales are final, domain PR may change on the next google update, just like every other domain on the net.

Its like they are preparing you.... ah duh...
 
mppedersen said:
Did you notice this in the listing?



Its like they are preparing you.... ah duh...

I've tried reporting dozens of these auctions ... no response ...

Similarly, I collect a lot of books ... I can't tell you how many claims of "First Editions" that I have reported to Ebay that nothing gets done about ...

It's amazing how "good" Ebay is at instantaneously identifying and removing certain types of fraudulent listing and absolutely totally ignoring others ...

Greg
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom