• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Is this legit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainQuay

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2003
Messages
194
Reaction score
0
Hi everyone,

We had an email inquiry today on a name that we have listed for a fixed price at Sedo. It said:

We are willing to buy your domain name at the stated price, but we would like to do it through Network Solutions. If we buy through Sedo, we would have to wait 60 days to transfer the zone to Network Solutions.

If you are in agreement with this, I will initiate the offer through networksolutions.com as soon as I hear back from you.


I thought Network Solutions is a registrar, so I'm not understanding why this party wants to do a sale through them.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thank you!
 
I don't see how the transfer would make a difference. They could still do a transfer without waiting 60 days since there wouldn't be a push done (supposing the name were at GoDaddy for example), but not using Sedo definitely puts you at risk to not get paid.
 
Make sure you get the money first.
 
Really strange. I did a quick search on the net and couldn't find any results from any other posts. Definately make sure you get your money before you initiate the transfer. My guess if they are trying to rip you.
 
Thanks everyone for your input.

And thank you Mike, for providing that link!

I'm still not sure I see the benefit to the buyer. It sounds riskier than Sedo to both sides, costs the buyer $19 per offer, and sounds like it's the buyer who pays the 5% commission?
 
network solutions has been around forever, sedo has not...maybe they are more comfortable with using them for whatever reason.
 
mike031 said:
network solutions has been around forever, sedo has not...maybe they are more comfortable with using them for whatever reason.

Yes, you're right. And thanks again for posting that link. I didn't know Network Solutions even had a program like that.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom