Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Is This Legit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fischermx

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I received the following email asking for one of my domains.
Is this legit or an ongoing scam operation?

Hello!

I'm a broker of a private investor from the Great Britain. He wants to purchase mydomain.com.

My client has $457,000 budget for 15-20 domains. Please specify your asking price in the subject of your message.

Our company is in hosting business. We also provide brokerage services for investors.

I'm working with many domain investors. If you have other domains for sale please email m ethe list. I may offer your domains to my clients.

How can we send money to you? I think an escrow service is the most secure way for both parties.

If it's your first time sale I can help you with the escrow/transfer process.

Best regards,

Jacob Kelman

Vice President Investor Relations

Cloud Computing

Switzerland
Bern
Bernstrasse 101
Phone: 32 994 15 67​

Domain summit 2024

icedude

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm personally tired of seeing people ask the same thing over and over. No offense to anyone, but sometimes common sense has to kick in... No it is not legit to answer your question :)

fischermx

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm personally tired of seeing people ask the same thing over and over. No offense to anyone, but sometimes common sense has to kick in... No it is not legit to answer your question :)

Yeah, I know. I looked like a newbie by asking this and I started with my first domain on 1994... :(

The thing the called my attention, is that the sender's email does come from a hosting business based on Switzerland, so I was wondered if this was legit this time....

I know, unsolicited email offers, never start showing off how much money they have to spend!! LOL

icedude

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah man lol... I seen that "2004" and I was like, this guy has to be joking.... I knew you were a pro in the game... Good luck on the name anyway though man, hopefully a real buyer shows up...

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
From what I've learned with unsolicited emails, an origin of Switzerland = Legit and Nigeria = Scam. ;)

...but yeah, tired of the same thing over and over on DNF (same question basically). If you're unsure to your specific email, just respond. If they ask for an appraisal, you know it's not. If another unknown gimmick is used, then and only then, should it be brought to attention for discussion.

fischermx

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
He just responded he needs an appraisal ! LOL

Please, close this thread, I feel embarrassed!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators