• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Is this possible? 5.5 for this cr*p 3 words name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

italiandragon

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2006
Messages
2,588
Reaction score
5
Afternic:

youdirtydog.com 5,500.00 06/01/2006 2 bids



I can`t believe it. The more I look my domains the more I wonder how I did not sell nothing for not even 1k and comparated to this I have much better to offer.
 
#1 ) don't be sure those are real bids

#2 ) common saying , so it is possible
 
Searchsix.com said:
#1 ) don't be sure those are real bids

#2 ) common saying , so it is possible


hi....do you think they are fake bids? How come....does not the seller have to pay fees?

I did not know that was a common saying....where, in the US?

thanks
 
called shill bids , hoping to lure someone into the action, they do the same on ebay , more than 1 account or several involved and they can do this. , keep an eye on the whois after the auction and see if it changes and you will know if it was shill or not.

yes , common saying here in US.
 
Searchsix.com said:
called shill bids , hoping to lure someone into the action, they do the same on ebay , more than 1 account or several involved and they can do this.

yes , common saying here in US.


thank you....yes on Ebay it`s easier to see sometimes when they do that with new registered users or with private bids....but on Afternic, Sedo and other places it`s quite hard.

good point to check the whois....thanks!
 
while this could be a trick, as Searchsix.com explained, I learned that you can't rely on your "reseller" knowledge when you deal with end-users.
To a reseller it may not worth 5.5k, but to a end user it can worth even more.
 
lol, who is an "End User" for youdirtydog.com?
 
It wouldn't surprise me. "You Dirty Dog" is a catch phrase.
 
I'm fairly certain I've seen a pet laundering service by that name...stupid as it is.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom