Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Is this wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jag5311

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is it wrong to email a company that may be in the business similar to a domain I have purchased, and ask them if they are interested in purchasing the domain? I bought pimplemedication.com and have thought about emailing proactive.com if they would be interested in the domain.

Is there anything regarding legal issues i should worry about?

thanks for any info you can provide

bryan

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"Is it wrong to email a company that may be in the business similar to a domain I have purchased, and ask them if they are interested in purchasing the domain? "

As a general proposition, there is no single "right" or "wrong" answer to that question. If the company believes it has trademark rights in the name, then such a proposition is asking for trouble.

For "pimplemedication.com", if the company is in the business of pimple medication, then they cannot make a claim to have a trademark on the term, and you would be relatively safe from a claim of cybersquatting.

jag5311

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
cool, thanks berry.

Do you guys think that domain might have some worth to a company that works in the market of acne solutions?

thanks
bryan

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom