• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

is wire transfer safe for seller?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Export of funds from USA by any instrument (cash, cashier's check, wire, whatever) is all reported if it exceeds $10,000.
 
Export of funds from USA by any instrument (cash, cashier's check, wire, whatever) is all reported if it exceeds $10,000.

How interesting. Has anyone actually been questioned about such a transfer?
 
How interesting. Has anyone actually been questioned about such a transfer?
When I last lived there I did foreign wires over $10k and had to make a declaration of some sort. Also, at that time I was regularly taking cash out of the country to Malaysia. I had to report it to customs or risk it all being confiscated. I'm pretty sure that any known export of USD over $10k is tagged and reported; you don't necessarily get questioned. Maybe it's all changed -- that was in 1990.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom