• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Its Offical - Google Owns Half the Internet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlobalFusion

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2005
Messages
458
Reaction score
0
I Cant even remember how... but I came across this list of names the are owned by 'Google Inc.'


Its amazing to see just what they do own... ;)

Check 'em here!
 
amzing...
thanks for the link
 
I checked one at random and I am surprised to see it's registered with Markmonitor since Google has been an ICANN-accredited registrar for a few months now. I guess they have plans to use their registrar credentials.
 
Very interesting. Thanks
 
I'm sure they ended up with some of those by requiring a "cybersquatter" to
surrender the domain/domains.
 
most of those suck...I have one of their best names..
 
Hehe, quite interesting, im sure that will be something for the typosquatters to think about, big names try to get their typos as well :)
 
actnow said:
I'm sure they ended up with some of those by requiring a "cybersquatter" to
surrender the domain/domains.


Haha.. I would say that is very likely ;)
 
great list thanks for pointing it out
 
Interesting to note that ADSENSE.COM is not on that list...
 
I'm sure they ended up with some of those by requiring a "cybersquatter" to
surrender the domain/domains.

Add my old GoogleBooksSearch.com their list
 
They are leaving out all of their typos too, which would add 200% to that list easily!
 
actnow said:
I'm sure they ended up with some of those by requiring a "cybersquatter" to
surrender the domain/domains.

*Wonders how long it'll be before they come after my GoogleTalkFriends.com* :cheeky:
 
Great list very interesting.
i wonder how long before they come after my googlewibro.com?
 
Half the internet? Not quite.
 
they are putting their registrar services to good use, but as for google going after your domains; not likely. Google could easily own almost any generics they want. Yet, they choose to use sub-domains (similar to amazon.com's policy). Case in point. Google could have bought video.com, instead they use video.google.com for Google videos. (Also promotes more searches, more adsense to find the exact link).
 
Hi GlobalFusion,

thanks for sharing these kind useful info.

looking forward for more from you.
 
As the ASCII consolidation continues, once the majority of traffic bearing domains are held by 5 or less companies, Google, MSN, and Yahoo will swarm to purchase the portfolios. It's a cheap market share play of the search market. They cannot afford not to buy them.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom