• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Ive paid for site and upgrade,work not done

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffro231

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2005
Messages
273
Reaction score
0
What is the Standard Operating Procedure if you buy a website,ask for a modification,pay for the modification,and work is not done 3 weeks later?I have asked for my money back,if they could not do they job,and was told it would be done.I bought the site off this forum,and i really want to work with the people,but they seem to avoid my IM,PM and emails..Any suggestions?I will keep the name under wraps for a few more days,then i will unleash an array of emails and pms i have saved,so others will know.Thanks
 
After a reasonable amount of time you should probably file a chargeback. You should also post in the "persons to avoid" section and give complete details of what has transpired.

Please remember however, that in some cases email is blocked and the user may not know you are trying to reach them. I'm not saying this is the case, but it does happen.
 
How extensive is the work? If its just a simple change I would be very upset, if its a lot of programing type stuff it could take 3 or 4 weeks. They should of at least sent you an email as I am sure they have yours. Also if the email was blocked how did they get your request to do the work.

Just my 2 cents.
 
well,seeing that i am not really a CODER,the extent of the work is unknow,but when i paid,i was told they would be on it ASAP,then after a week,i asked,and was told the next day,then 5 days later was told the next day.There are also some other link issuses i have asked about..Its more of the thing,that i thought i had someone i could work with,but we shall see.And,they are getting the emails...i have paid in full..from now on,i will not pay in full or anything...it will be 50/50 or something like that.We are not talking alot of cash either though..$50..but really the point..because i could have paid someone eles,and it would have been done
 
If it was only going to cost $50 I cant see how it would be more then 2 hours MAX of work, considering that my company charges $65 per hour for html work and $95 for programing.

I would post their name, they are stalling because either they don't know what they are doing, its not worth their time (they took your money then decided to do something else and didn't want to spend time to finish yours) or they just straight stole your money.
 
mppedersen said:
$65 per hour for html work and $95 for programing.


Damn I need to come and work for you.. lol
 
DogFaceBoy said:
Rather expensive? Standard for php programming is like $15-$20 p/hour.


Funny.

One comment:

You get what you pay for. . .

-Bob
 
jeffro231 said:
What is the Standard Operating Procedure if you buy a website,ask for a modification,pay for the modification,and work is not done 3 weeks later?I have asked for my money back,if they could not do they job,and was told it would be done.I bought the site off this forum,and i really want to work with the people,but they seem to avoid my IM,PM and emails..Any suggestions?I will keep the name under wraps for a few more days,then i will unleash an array of emails and pms i have saved,so others will know.Thanks
Pm Sent!
 
I got your pm and replied.No its not you who is causing me the grief.Thanks for the suggestions.Im bummed out about this,but maybe a few more days...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom