Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Japan hit by 8.9 quake, numerous tsunamis

Status
Not open for further replies.

CamMK27

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Now this is crazy. God bless People of Japan.

RustyK

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Although these natural disasters has been around for millions of years, it's the "Live" videos that bring in fear in all of us. I've never seen a Tsunami in real-time until I saw that video and the images of it destroying everything in its path. It has placed more fear in people than ever before and all because of the power of video, information traveling at lightning speed. It has probably brought more people to God than before. It sure has my eyes open but when things get me down I can only smile. :)

CamMK27

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Look at these pics makes me sad. I pray for all the people and their familes who were effected by this horrific event.

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2011/03/japan_earthquake_aftermath.html

Japan is a developed Nation and will come out of this faster and stronger than most undeveloped or still developing nations, yet it is still a very very difficult time for them. God Bless them.

George Verdugo

Seasoned Domainer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
keep them in prayer.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

ecomindia

e-commerce.in
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Look at these pics makes me sad. I pray for all the people and their familes who were effected by this horrific event.

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2011/03/japan_earthquake_aftermath.html

Japan is a developed Nation and will come out of this faster and stronger than most undeveloped or still developing nations, yet it is still a very very difficult time for them. God Bless them.

it is not only among the most developed nation, but by the latest polls, is #1 ranked in Most Hard Working country.
it is having the infrastrcutre policy that is considered the most stringent considering the frequent earthquakes

I remember my osaka trip couple of years back and what i saw was for everything, they have system in place.

god is always with the braves and they will come out of it quickly again standing firm then ever.

H

H2FC

My heart is breaking from seeing the death, destruction and suffering of the Japanese people. They are a strong and hard working people who will in time overcome this tragedy. They are in my prayers.

The only possible good I can see coming from this disaster is the recognition for the urgent need of further advancement of solar and other safe green energies in place of nuclear and fossil fuels.

think

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Japan is now saying one of the damaged nuclear reactors suppression chambers may have been damaged and have announced that all non critical workers at the plant are being evacuated. If the chamber has been damaged then radioactive material will start leaking into the atmosphere.

Here is a link to live coverage from NHK WORLD (Japan Broadcasting Corporation) with English interpreter:

http://www.livestation.com/channels/123-nhk-world-english

Last edited:

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The USS Ronald Reagan, the aircraft carrier dispatched to assist, had to be repositioned. At more than 60 miles offshore, it had detected stronger than normal levels of radioactivity.

I heard that countless helicopter drops by the US Navy encountered a plume of radioactivity. All the crew members aboard the helicopters were exposed to higher than normal radioactivity. All helicopters were scrubbed down, 17 crew members' uniforms were positive for radioactive particles, one crew member was positive on the skin. All were decontaminated, all were scrubbed down, all clothing was destroyed. When retested, non were positive.

This is an extremely desperate situation which is only compounded and made worse by the Japanese Government not being truthful and forthright regarding any contaminants.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Tokyo (CNN) -- U.S. Navy personnel are taking precautionary measures after instruments aboard an aircraft carrier docked in Japan detected low levels of radioactivity from the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant, the Navy said Tuesday.

The USS George Washington was docked for maintenance in Yokosuka, about 175 miles (280 kilometers) from the plant in Okuma, when instruments detected the radiation at 7 a.m. Tuesday (6 p.m. ET Monday), the Navy said in a statement.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Update: Japan crisis worse than Three Mile Island, experts say
One reactor shield might be compromised; spent fuel pool leaking radioactivity

NO FLY ZONE Announced.

Excerpts:

SOMA, Japan — The catastrophe at Japan's stricken nuclear complex is now worse than Three Mile Island, experts said Tuesday, after the two most recent blasts exposed a spent fuel pool to outside air and might have compromised a reactor shield.

An explosion overnight at Unit 4 at the Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear plant opened two large holes in the structure housing spent nuclear fuel rods in a large pool.

Japanese officials told the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) that the spent fuel storage area had caught fire and that radioactivity was "being released directly into the atmosphere."

The radiation releases prompted Japan on Tuesday to order 140,000 people to seal themselves indoors and a 30-kilometer (19-mile) no-fly zone was imposed around the site for commercial traffic.

Weather forecasts for Fukushima were for snow and wind Tuesday evening, blowing southwest toward Tokyo, then shifting and blowing east out to sea. That's important because it shows which direction a possible nuclear cloud might blow.

Officials in Tokyo — 150 miles to the south of the plant — said radiation in the capital was 10 times normal by evening but there was no threat to human health.

---------------------

This seems to be getting worse by the minute. It is as if all worst case scenarios are in play. Imagine, Tokyo with a population of 13 million people in direct line with a nuclear cloud.

I can not help but see panic about to ensue with the population. The Financial markets are going to go into a tail spin (again) and could see drops below the lows of a couple of years ago.

This is horrible, horrible news and outlook on all fronts. It is a terrible human tragedy.

I pray that things get under a better grip but I do not see that happening anytime soon. Remember how long it took to plug the oil leak? Now, how to stop not one, not two, not three, but four nuclear reactors AT ONE FACILITY from total meltdown. Who and from where are these new heroes going to come from?

Keep a close eye on the news, the markets, and conditions. Keep your minds, hearts, and homes open to help in any way you can.

-----------------------------------

Panic grips Tokyo as radiation levels rise
France advises citizens to leave city; China organizes mass evacuations from northeast

TOKYO — Panic swept Tokyo on Tuesday as radiation levels surged in the city, causing some to leave the capital and others to stock up on food and supplies.

Several embassies advised staff and citizens to leave affected areas, tourists cut short vacations and multinational companies either urged staff to leave or said they were considering plans to move outside Tokyo.

Radiation levels in Saitama, near Tokyo, were 40 times normal levels — not enough to cause human damage but enough to stoke panic in the bustling, ultra-modern and hyper-efficient metropolis of about 12 million people.

Last edited:

think

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've seen tweets from Tokyo saying that no one is on the streets and it looks like a ghost town. Even the entertainment district.

They are bracing for the worse.

Europe has put 500 Bone Marrow Clinics on notice to be prepared to assist in case the situation deteriorates:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-12744926

The 50 workers left at the power plant are being referred to on CNN as being quarantined.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've seen tweets from Tokyo saying that no one is on the streets and it looks like a ghost town. Even the entertainment district.
That is totally unheard of.

I need to look at a map of Japan. I have friends in Kobe and Kyoto. I may have to offer up my house to them if they become affected. I think Kobe is further south. But they must be pretty antsy with all the quakes and aftershocks.

---------- Post added at 03:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 PM ----------

The 50 workers left at the power plant are being referred to on CNN as being quarantined.
I can think of another way to put it, as a line from Green Mile, but I hope and pray for the them, their safety, and families.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have a feeling that the airports in Japan will soon be quite busy, overcrowded, and overbooked.

think

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators