• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Junk & about to expire names

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnJohnn is verified member.

Level 12
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2004
Messages
15,994
Reaction score
1,426
I saw many thread selling names at a couple of bucks a piece.

What is your opinion if you have junk names or about to expire name but you don't want to renew:

1. Let it expire
2. Sell it cheap
3. Offer to give it free
4. Your option if it's not 1,2 or 3
 
I try to sell them cheap and usually I get some F$ but a lot of times no one wants them and I let them drop...
 
I let them drop..then I get po'd when someone else registers them.
 
Everyone registers junk names from time to time... even those that are too good to admit it. I usually give them away if I remember. There are plenty of people that are willing to take any names off of you. There are actually people that use crap names to test there marketing skills and to see how well they can get them to perform in the search engines. There are other things people use them for too. If a few bucks will help you out... selling them can be your other option. Most of the time its not worth the time, you could be making more finding better names rather then wasting your time dealing with petty transactions. Why do you ask Johnn?
 
I usually let them expire. I would give them free, but I always put them in the back of my mind and forget about them. Will try to remember next time.
 
I don't register crap names.
 
Let expire.

Too busy to bother selling cheap or arrange to give away.
 
if you can get reg fee or 60% back on reg fee...why not make a post?

lets you reinvest the funds
 
I left them drop, and since I would not spend reg fee to renew, I reg another one I feel is better some times. That is for less then great names only, like I just left 3 char .net's drop.
 
Well for people like me who only got crap names you should have better option..renew it thinking there are worth a cool million bucks :D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom