Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

KnowledgeIsPower.com -- who got it??

Status
Not open for further replies.

morel

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I had a snap on knowledgeispower.com, and I lost. The registrar was register.com and it expired back in June (June 21st, I think). It was deleted yesterday, October 7th, and I what to know (if possible) how it was obtained.

I suspect that it was registered by hand, in which case SnapNames sucks !! :upset:

Check out the whois, and tell me if you have any ideas:

Domain Name: KNOWLEDGEISPOWER.COM
Registrar: TUCOWS, INC.
Whois Server: whois.opensrs.net
Referral URL: http://www.opensrs.org
Name Server: NS1.HOSTTEC.COM
Name Server: NS2.HOSTTEC.COM
Updated Date: 07-oct-2002

>>> Last update of whois database: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 05:00:23 EDT <<<

The Registry database contains ONLY .COM, .NET, .ORG, .EDU domains and
Registrars.

Registrant:
Philip L. Viger
41 Sherman Avenue
Meriden, CT 06450-3319
US

Domain Name: KNOWLEDGEISPOWER.COM

Administrative Contact:
Viger, Phil [email protected]
41 Sherman Avenue
Meriden, CT 06450-3319
US
(203) 235-0528

Technical Contact:
Viger, Phil [email protected]
41 Sherman Avenue
Meriden, CT 06450-3319
US
(203) 235-0528

Registration Service Provider:
Philip L. Viger, [email protected]
(203) 235-0528
http://www.viger.net

Registrar of Record: TUCOWS, INC.
Record last updated on 07-Oct-2002.
Record expires on 07-Oct-2003.
Record Created on 7-Oct-2002.

Domain servers in listed order:
NS1.HOSTTEC.COM 64.246.20.9
NS2.HOSTTEC.COM 64.246.21.200

morel

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Does register.com sell names that go into the unpaid department? If so, I want to buy! :)

Capt. Flash

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have actually dealt with Mr. Viger before, he owns WirelessSales.com and I own the .net. I approached him on behalf of an individual wanting only the set. He is very proud of his names and claims he is a developer not a speculator. I don't remember to clearly but I think he wanted $500,000. for the .com.
As far as Register.com, I used to get offers from Register.com to buy expired names that I had listed in Afternic's tracker page, the prices varied. In the past they have dropped names I let expire and at the same time registered names I let expire into their Unpaid Names Dept. Seems they have no rhyme or reason to their madness. i.e. They double billed a credit card I used to pay for some transfers to NameBargain without my permission, I notified the credit card company and later after the refund discovered that Register put the name in their unpaid dept. (iStockTips.com)

morel

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah, and it looks like he is going to let WirelessSales.com expire as well.

It's amazing how some people will value their names at $500,000+... only to let them expire.

Capt. Flash

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wow - I could not believe I read he was letting it go, sure enough. Here is the kicker -- he could of bagged 75k - 100k., but he was pretty adamant about it's subjective value.
You remember watching eSale.com in 1999, he wanted 500,000., he turned down 150,000 only to sell it at Afternic a while ago for something like 15,000. or 16,000. Go figure.

morel

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Mr. Viger was not the only one who lost money in the dot-com bubble by refusing to sell.

My cousin, who lives in the Dominican Republic, created a website/portal for his country (I would prefer not to divulge the domain name). In 1999, he was offered $1,000,000 US for the website!! That's one freaking million dollars, for something that took him less than a year to build (it wasn't all that great of a site). He turned down that offer.

And now, I must sadly inform, that he let the domain expire. In other words, he let a domain that was once valued at over $1mil expire. Right now the domain is in the hands of another domain speculator, similar to ultsearch. It is very, very sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators