• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

LaPorte Holdings

Status
Not open for further replies.

furca

DNF Addict
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2004
Messages
3,506
Reaction score
5
7 out of every 10 whois's I check belong to "LaPorte Holdings" who are they?
 
Someone who gets a really fat check from DS every month.
 
octobus said:
Someone who gets a really fat check from DS every month.


Belive me, they get WIRE transfer :)
 
Also, alot of the domains I look at are registered by some "Admin Cayman Islands" or something :s
 
who are they? a company.. doh'

their main focus is typeins/typos. they reg a lot of stuff in advance and are quick to pick up on any current events.
 
Behind this company, there's someone who previously worked with DotRegistrar and now work for himself behind the name of this company and I think they've also their own Registrar now.
Having a Registrar = they're really making a lot of MONEY with ppc :)
 
A fat wire then :cheeky:
 
Duncan said:
Also, alot of the domains I look at are registered by some "Admin Cayman Islands" or something :s

that is Name Intelligence, owners of whois.sc
 
They have all the good ones I want to buy! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Noticed that alot of their names DONT resolve though...probably because they have 10 lawsuits a month with so many ultra top typos
 
Duncan said:
7 out of every 10 whois's I check belong to "LaPorte Holdings"

That's because you are checking all the possible typos in the universe. If you were to check normal names you would not come across them :-D

seeker said:
that is Name Intelligence, owners of whois.sc

Or it might be "Name Admin" also "from" the Cay. Isles

DomainEmpire.com said:
Behind this company, there's someone who previously worked with DotRegistrar and now work for himself behind the name of this company and I think they've also their own Registrar now.
Having a Registrar = they're really making a lot of MONEY with ppc :)

Their registrar is called NameKing-dot-com. Boy do they need one just to keep up with all those names.
 
wonder why nameking is leaving enom/club drop.....or maybe they got the boot? :cheeky:
 
mike031 said:
wonder why nameking is leaving enom/club drop.....or maybe they got the boot? :cheeky:

Never seen them using enom club drop
 
stuff said:
Never seen them using enom club drop


enom sent out an e-mail notifying everybody who had names caught via nameking to transfer them out by the end of next month or you are on your own.

i only have a handful, mostly were caught in the beginning of this year.
 
mike031 said:
enom sent out an e-mail notifying everybody who had names caught via nameking to transfer them out by the end of next month or you are on your own.

i only have a handful, mostly were caught in the beginning of this year.


Yes, I got this email too
Sorry
 
mike031 said:
enom sent out an e-mail notifying everybody who had names caught via nameking to transfer them out by the end of next month or you are on your own.

Any idea as to why?

Mocus said:
They have all the good ones I want to buy! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I believe DomainCargo-dot-com is their "liquidation center" so you might wanna go there and purchase some of their overpriced crap names.
 
sas, i have no idea.... enom just said that they decided to "leave"
 
mike031 said:
sas, i have no idea.... enom just said that they decided to "leave"

I think they are in deep trouble. They have also been kicked off of DS for typo TM related issues. Most of their names don't resolve anymore. I think the machine is slowly grinding to a halt. Correct me if I am wrong, but It just goes to show you that one day you are "name king" and next day you are nobody with 50,000 of worthless crap names.
 
yep, that does hurt... but it was risky business'

dealing with tm's is no joke this days as more and more companies learn about all this stuff....and it is only going to get worse for those who break the rules willingly and on a much larger scale.
 
mike031 said:
yep, that does hurt... but it was risky business'

dealing with tm's is no joke this days as more and more companies learn about all this stuff....and it is only going to get worse for those who break the rules willingly and on a much larger scale.

Yes, and than there's that Unasi Inc. who is lately registering blindly any variance of anything no matter how far fetched it is. This is "domaineering" at its absolute worst. Register 100 names in order to get one with 15-20 daily uniques? What kind of "strategy" is that?

I mean look at this crap:

http://www.arb-forum.com/domains/decisions/545021.htm
http://www.arb-forum.com/domains/decisions/472028.htm
http://www.arb-forum.com/domains/decisions/528455.htm
http://www.arb-forum.com/domains/decisions/532259.htm
http://www.arb-forum.com/domains/decisions/510017.htm
http://www.arb-forum.com/domains/decisions/529514.htm
http://www.arb-forum.com/domains/decisions/520527.htm
http://www.arb-forum.com/domains/decisions/515000.htm
http://www.arb-forum.com/domains/decisions/522853.htm
 
that is hilarious. lol
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom