Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

godaddy Leaving Godaddy And Not Looking Back

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company GoDaddy.

INFORG

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You can take your anti-Uniregistry comments and shove them where the sun don't shines.

Can you point to those comments? I haven't used them yet, so I really couldn't say anything bad about them.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
You insinuated this entire incident has to do with Uniregistry. I can assure you, it doesn't. Frustration from GoDaddy's support led me to this decision. I operate "on principle" with most of what I do and that's what I documented in my post.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have long believed that the way registrars handle auctions is deceptive and unethical. They should not be selling something they do not have clear title to, period.

This is the kind of behavior that at some point will invite regulatory attention. And as those situations go, when it happens it will probably feel overreaching and burdensome.

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
@jack- agree there is a conflict when registrars like moniker and godaddy have their own market places(tho now snap is with network solutions and no longer with moniker) -and now that godaddy is the same as afternic there's too much overlap at the top three or four -except for sedo which has stayed stand alone

if the same people have control over your bids, payments, receiving the domain(or not), locking your domain as long as they want, withholding your payments and so on, there is no accountability if the owners are the same people for both market place and registrar

@Theo- i am unclear why it was so bad to wait a week or so to have ownership of the bin domain you purchased on godaddy -agree it should be moved to your account immediately, but if it wasn't you were going to own it soon enough- i think you said it was no use to you a week or so after, but i wonder why? :)

every registrar gets negative comments sooner or later- the exception is fabulous as top domainers have their whole portfolio with them except for extensions they do not support, so i assume the domains you moved to name were the type fabulous does not support? i personally do not find name so great, dynadot and others may be better imo.

uniregistry hasn't been around long enough- schilling's name on it is enough for most domainers but there may be problems even there as you go on:)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Domainoid - I already explained why: viral domains have traffic with an expiration date. That aside, it's ridiculous that these domains get auctioned first, then their current/former owner is given one last chance to renew them.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom