• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Legalities of owning a .CN

Status
Not open for further replies.

zooman

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2005
Messages
45
Reaction score
0
Anyone have experience on the legalities and risks of owning a chinese domain name .cn? Thanks
 
zooman said:
Anyone have experience on the legalities and risks of owning a chinese domain name .cn? Thanks

I owned many premium names since it was offer in the public and don't see any issue. In fact, some of them are doin well in parking business.

You may also visit the .CN domain name sale thread.


Regards,
Em
 
Thanks for the info, which registrar handles .cn names?
 
Enom for one does.
 
wyvern said:
Enom for one does.

I used NeedName.com ofcourse, Certified Enom Reseller.

cheers,
Em
 
"I owned many premium names since it was offer in the public and don't see any issue. In fact, some of them are doin well in parking business."

What parking sites have you found best for parking .cn names? I have 10 of them parked -- doing not much of anything. DO they use English or Chinese writing?
 
Do I need to share it? This is $$$$ of information.

Just kidding, currently using parked.com, see my signature.

Look sample page from them using .CN domains.
www.v8.cn
www.helpdesk.com.cn
www.apartment.cn
www.career.cn
and more ...

I believe the audience at this time mostly based in US not in China. Because of click revenue is high. The traffic is minimal but acceptable click per revenue.

I know if the click is coming from asian countries, the results is .01 - .04 per click results.

If you haven't use parked.com, check it out today using the banner in my sig.
Hope that helps.

Regards,
Em
 
Thanks for the info. I'm looking over everything right now including taking down some websties & parking them. Affiliate income isn't worth the maintenance so I'll be making some decisions soon.
 
scottle said:
"I owned many premium names since it was offer in the public and don't see any issue. In fact, some of them are doin well in parking business."

What parking sites have you found best for parking .cn names? I have 10 of them parked -- doing not much of anything. DO they use English or Chinese writing?

if you have traffic you can park you names at http://www.silverclicks.com/

it is a Multi-language website,so you and your names visit will look the language you or he want.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom