Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Letters to end users

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I agree with Acro, Creating your own custom letter is best. :yes:

And try not to make it too long, I like the length and clarity of "Coppers" letter, very direct and to the point.

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Agreed i look coopers simple and down to the point !

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Three simple sentences so you don't seem too eager:

1. Who am I
2. What I have
3. Can I oblige you in any way

End of.

democrat

Level 7
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Three simple sentences so you don't seem too eager:

1. Who am I
2. What I have
3. Can I oblige you in any way

End of.

so compile that all together?

democrat

Level 7
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Don't ever be a broker for me. Want me to spell it out?

Not really for me, but for others who might be looking around for ideas. I have already compiled my letters for domains that I am selling and brokering.

I won't broker your names.. :cool:

DutchBoyd

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I seriously think I'm going to try experimenting with this one :

"Hi (firstname)!

Today I went to the fridge, and I was out of beer. So I went to the liquor store and my debit card was declined. This has motivated me to sell some of my domain names.

I own xxxxxxx.xxx. Would you be interested in buying it?

Cheers,
Dutch

ps - I also have a 7-year old Rotweiller-Chihuahua mix. He is deaf in one ear. I will gladly include him in any domain name sale."

Last edited:

Giode

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Make it three sentences. Maximum.

To be honest, I don't think it really matters much what you say. The most important ingredient is a willingness to work the numbers. You could send emails to end-users and only say, "Would you like to buy xxx", and you'd probably have the same level of success as any variation of email.

That's been my experience anyway...

democrat

Level 7
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
this is a classic one!! great creativity!!

I seriously think I'm going to try experimenting with this one :

"Hi (firstname)!

Today I went to the fridge, and I was out of beer. So I went to the liquor store and my debit card was declined. This has motivated me to sell some of my domain names.

I own xxxxxxx.xxx. Would you be interested in buying it?

Cheers,
Dutch

ps - I also have a 7-year old Rotweiller-Chihuahua mix. He is deaf in one ear. I will gladly include him in any domain name sale."

mclovin

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nice thread guys. Subscribed.

Obliduty

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I also completely agree with Acro. "Most" of us would react negatively the same way to a simple cut and paste looking formatted letter. The same when you get multple "I'll cut down your trees call me -TreeLoggers inc." attached to your front door. The key is knowing your end-user and actually doing research. "I see your poplar tree in your backyard is rotting and will soon fall on your sun-room" would make you more receptive to a tree service. Same with domain end-users.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I had a good laugh with the Treeloggers part, Teddy. Thanks :D
Funny that you mentioned that; someone left a nice business card about car detailing on my windshield yesterday. They had no website and I simply tossed it.

Personalized contact takes longer but it pays better. Get on the damn phone and make some cold calls! :D

palocoyote

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
THIS is my huge, super secret, never revealed before, sure-fire, laser-guided, 100% Money Back Guaranteed “Guide to Selling People Stuff.”

Randomo's letter is good, however, when the first word in a letter to someone else is, "YOU" instead of “I,” you get their attention more quickly. I’ve re-written Randomo’s letter slightly.

How about this:
Dear Mr. LastName,
Your company can attract more attention – and almost certainly increase grompet sales. Owning Grompets.com will help your business. When you own that internet domain name you can benefit in several important ways. Blah, blah, more traffic, better branding, (you get the idea).

This type of wording speaks to THEIR needs, not your desire to sell them something. They NEED more profit, better branding, etc. You need to sell them a site. Satisfy their needs or wants, or at least get them interested, and you’ve got a better chance of getting the sale. JUST MY HUMBLE OPINION. (The first line in this post is meant as satire, irony, goofy-funny.)
Palo

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators