Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

**Lift off!!! AirFrance.mobi takes flight onto the mobile Internet **

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vision

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
AirFrance.mobi

Beautiful!!

:)

Air France (formally Société Air France) is one of the world's largest airlines. Air France is based in Paris, France, and is a subsidiary of Air France-KLM Group. It operates worldwide scheduled passenger and cargo services to 185 destinations in 83 countries. Its global hub is at Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport. Paris Orly Airport, Lyon Saint-Exupéry Airport and Nice Côte d'Azur Airport are secondary hubs.[2].

Prior to the merger with KLM, Air France was France's primary national flag carrier, employing 71,654 people in March 2004.[3] By March 2007, the airline employed 102,422 staff.[2]

The company's corporate headquarters was at Roissy-Charles de Gaulle to the north of Paris. This is where the headquarters of Air France-KLM is now. Between April 2001 and March 2002 the airline carried 43.3mn passengers and had total revenues of € 12.53bn. Régional, Air France's regional airline subsidiary operates the majority of its regional domestic and European scheduled services with a fleet of regional jet and turboprop aircraft.[4] Air France is also accredited by IATA with the IATA Operations Safety Audit (IOSA) for its safety practices.[5]

According to Air France-KLM, the company's principal activities are:

Passenger transport: first European airline with 25.5% of market share (November 2004) and largest airline in the world in terms of operating revenue.

Freight transport: largest company for international freight transportation without integration. With integration, Air France-KLM is third worldwide behind FedEx and UPS.
Airplane maintenance and repair: largest multi-services operator.

namewaiter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yet another global entity being duped by the hocus pocus

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Oh what a big deal, wow AirFrance has a .mobi address!

Now if you were reporting that even 1% of AirFrances interactive views was on .mobi that would be interesting, but these daily 'look what company has a .mobi address' is nothing but hype. You are actually confirming to many that the .mobi ext. is all about hype rather than commerce.

Just my two cents, which of course is up to you to take note of it or not.

A quick edit here.

I have just re-read the opening post and surely this is pure advertising for Air France. In the copied and pasted section .mobi is not mentioned once.

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Oh what a big deal, wow AirFrance has a .mobi address!

Now if you were reporting that even 1% of AirFrances interactive views was on .mobi that would be interesting, but these daily 'look what company has a .mobi address' is nothing but hype. You are actually confirming to many that the .mobi ext. is all about hype rather than commerce.

Just my two cents, which of course is up to you to take note of it or not.

A quick edit here.

I have just re-read the opening post and surely this is pure advertising for Air France. In the copied and pasted section .mobi is not mentioned once.

With respect Billbo - bollocks!

If it was reported that Air France had registered their name: that would be hype.

When a huge, internationally recognised corporation takes the strategic move of creating a website on a .mobi - then that is news to our tiny domaining community.

These companies didn't bother when other extensions were launched, did they....

Another example of hype - one guy that overpaid for a .mobi, then posts everywhere that his name doesn't get traffic, and therefore all .mobis are useless; that's hype.

As for Vision's quote - it's there as a display of the size of company using the .mobi.

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Jasdon,

First, please clarify that I am not the one who has claimed to have overpaid for a .mobi, your post could be construed that you are referring to me there. So please clarify that point.

Secondly, the 'bollocks' that you refer to is what? That a little .mobi site has been created most probably by the 'in-house' team? If so I would agree.

Thirdly, this is not news! There is nowhere a link to a news release about going .mobi! This is just a post a day finding a company that has a .mobi site. Why not telephone on your mobile and ask them how busy their site is? Now that would be news for the industry as a whole.

Oh by the way did you realise how many ompanies have not got a .mobi site? Perhaps everyday a post should be made listing yet another major company without one.

If this was a single thread listing companies with .mobi then it would be taken more seriously, but as a new thread every day 'announcing' that such-and-such a company has a .mobi site is boardering on ridiculousness.

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Jasdon,

First, please clarify that I am not the one who has claimed to have overpaid for a .mobi, your post could be construed that you are referring to me there. So please clarify that point.

I think everyone knows I was refering to Gregr's iphones.

Secondly, the 'bollocks' that you refer to is what? That a little .mobi site has been created most probably by the 'in-house' team? If so I would agree.

No, it was to your suggestion that the OP's initial post was 'hype'

Thirdly, this is not news! There is nowhere a link to a news release about going .mobi! This is just a post a day finding a company that has a .mobi site. Why not telephone on your mobile and ask them how busy their site is? Now that would be news for the industry as a whole.

Two days ago, neither you nor I knew that AirFrance had a .mobi site - so yes, it is news. Or do you think that it's only news if it's accompanied by a press release?

As for calling them to ask how busy their site is - maybe in six months time that might be relevant.

Oh by the way did you realise how many ompanies have not got a .mobi site?

Yes; fewer and fewer.

Perhaps everyday a post should be made listing yet another major company without one.

Feel free to start one - just be prepared to do a lot of editing!

If this was a single thread listing companies with .mobi then it would be taken more seriously, but as a new thread every day 'announcing' that such-and-such a company has a .mobi site is boardering on ridiculousness.

Why?

What does it matter how many threads there are? I mean really...why?

You are aware that this is in the .mobi section, aren't you? And that it's dedicated to things about .mobi?

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Jasdon

I actually own some .mobi's and yes I am aware that this is the .mobi thread!

What I find distasteful is the fact that because a company has a .mobi site it is being plastered as something spectacular! This does the .mobi cause more harm than good IMHO.

What seriously is the point of posting that the larger companies have a .mobi? If it was the majority of them then yes when a new one started a site it would be 'now even company XYZ has realised the value of a .mobi site for their business'! Unfortunately with these posts it is seen that the companies with .mobi are the exception to the rule!

The opening post is 'hype', and nothing but 'hype' IMPO!

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If it wasn't for posts such as these, I for one, wouldn't be aware of one tenth of the companies that have produced .mobi sites.

To me, as someone who makes their living from domains and the wider internet, this kind of information is very useful in helping to gauge future happenings.

If you can't see the value in that, fine - in fact I'm glad; wouldn't be good if everyone invested in the same thing - but it doesn't make it 'hype' just because you don't understand it.

As for being a different thread for each piece of news - makes it easier to get the bare bones at a glance instead of trawling though pages of posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Latest Comments

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener