Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Limo.ca - Picked up this category killer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your kind words and tips.

-=DCG=-

panago

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Great pickup Adam. Best of luck with it.

Maxwell

Formerly known as grcorp.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I know for a fact that many black car companies are shelling out hundreds, and sometimes, thousands of $$ monthly to get listed.

This is true of almost any commodity product. They're all offering the same thing at the same price, and at the end of the day, it's the company who can best market themselves that wins.

Adam, if I were you, I would build a very mobile-friendly version of the site to accommodate on-the-go bookings. I have a feeling that a very good percentage of users will find this to be beneficial.

Then, you can use that as a selling point, or perhaps command a higher listing fee to the limo companies.

dn-101

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I would build a very mobile-friendly version of the site to accommodate on-the-go bookings.
There is absolutely no need to design "mobile-friendly version" bs, since every biz person on the move has either iPhone or Blackberry.
It seems that the 'mobi' crowd doesn't know iPhone. Or is it Jack? :smilewinkgrin:

Maxwell

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is absolutely no need to design "mobile-friendly version" bs, since every biz person on the move has either iPhone or Blackberry.
It seems that the 'mobi' crowd doesn't know iPhone. Or is it Jack? :smilewinkgrin:

Developing an app would be very costly, and is unnecessary when the functionality can easily be attained through the browser.

Any iPhone or BlackBerry user would agree that it's easier to go to limo.ca to book a limo, rather than to download the app, figure out how to use it, and then, hopefully, book a limo.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This site is live and has just a couple more tweaks then it's done.

http://www.limo.ca

Feedback welcome.

-=DCG=-

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Congrats. Very nice site and affiliate program. Can I ask you if it's PPC, PPL (pay per lead), or PPS (pay per signup)?

Anyone know how to do something similar involving real estate listings or health products & services?

This site is live and has just a couple more tweaks then it's done.

http://www.limo.ca

Feedback welcome.

-=DCG=-

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Congrats. Very nice site and affiliate program. Can I ask you if it's PPC, PPL (pay per lead), or PPS (pay per signup)?

Pay Per sale.

Anyone know how to do something similar involving real estate listings or health products & services?

I am starting a real estate site Monday, i'll let you know how it goes.

-=DCG=-

Maxwell

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's a little busy for my liking. A very sleek layout that's perfect for capturing leads is called AIDA at themeforest - http://themeforest.net/item/aida-ajax-paper-landing-page/145917

A couple of other qualms I have with it are that the header says "Limo Service Worldwide", and when I click on "Reserve now", it starts telling me about the best limos in the United States. Based on your site map at the bottom, I can tell you're targeting an exclusively Canadian audience, which should be expected for a site built around a .ca domain.

Otherwise, I think you're on the right track. The name is memorable, and should be very easy to market.

I am starting a real estate site Monday, i'll let you know how it goes.

-=DCG=-

PM me about this. I recently started a real estate site as well, and perhaps we can work together.

CamMK27

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is the phone number/s assigned to you specifically as an affiliate? What if people call and book on phone, do you get the credit for the lead?

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is the phone number/s assigned to you specifically as an affiliate? What if people call and book on phone, do you get the credit for the lead?

It's a common phone line, they probably don't track phone leads but who knows.

-=DCG=-

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We are booking on average one limo ride per day currently.

-=DCG=-

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hmm...is this the record breaker?
sneaky, sneaky.

lol, no this one is not it.

nice try though, the record breaker has never been on anyones radar previously. ;)

-=DCG=-

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you need a logo
by just having the logo as text, the top third of page looks like a parked page imo and i bet your bounce rate is high

do something better with the header i think. a nice logo and tagline layout make look more professional
brand this puppy up, deserves more
you need a logo anyway for marketing
rest of site is nice
great name, nice site, will do well imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators