Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

List of live .info sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Domain summit 2024

Nic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
nice find mole

M

MattyP

I found CanberraACT.info on your list.

It has Canberras current outside temperature on the site, 2 degrees.

I can tell you I didn't need to go to that site to find out it is freezing, I just stepped outside and found out first hand.

:laugh: :laugh:

Matt

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Robert Conner has been doing a great job sieving out .info sites that are live with content.

http://www.domebase.com

This list is awesome, probably the world's best monitoring of .info.

Nobody said being a pioneer was easy.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sigh :dead: :dead: :dead:

I'm not directly against .com, I'm just appalled at people who say nothing else matters. That, in my humble opinion, is KKK thinking.

Robert Conner was one of the early intellects to explore .info. People forget, or chose to forget, that .info and .biz were the first (of 7) gTLDs to be released after 16 years of drought following .com, .net, .org. It is a horrible story for .com kings, but the reality of the world today.

The internet is changing, but people resist and resent change. Why? Work within your comfort zone, if you prefer. That's your choice. .com still commands value as the most familiar, but meaningfulness in web addressing is starting to permeate the equation.

What most people forget in this issue is that they DON"T have kick-ass .com generic names, but argue like "all things being equal". Nice logic :D

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah, there is an element of hypocrisy in continuuing with the .COM extension to publish info on .INFO. I started DomeBase.com before .INFO was live and there are lots of links to it around the globe. I have registered DomeBase.info. I have already registered some possible .INFO sites to transfer it some day, like vSearch.info. Probably some day I will bite the bullet and put the site up on a .INFO site and put a link to it from DomeBase.com. Just not looking forward to the work :rolleyes:

Sincerely, DomeBase

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DomeBase Yeah, there is an element of hypocrisy in continuuing with the .COM extension to publish info on .INFO. I started DomeBase.com before .INFO was live and there are lots of links to it around the globe. I have registered DomeBase.info. I have already registered some possible .INFO sites to transfer it some day, like vSearch.info. Probably some day I will bite the bullet and put the site up on a .INFO site and put a link to it from DomeBase.com. Just not looking forward to the work :rolleyes: Sincerely, DomeBase

Hi Bob, Understand and Agree, you did the site before .info was live and do not want to do all that work transferring all to the .info now. Plus, there is an issue with your zillions of valuable links you do not want to lose, plus your web-site url is well known and also likely ranked with the SE's. It would be a big waste to start over again with a dot-info site.

A suggestion to satisfy any critics is put an announcement on your web-site front page as to why you are using the dot-com (similar to the above), stay with it and make domebase.info live but on automatic redirection to domebase.com.

Keep up the good work and thanks for all your excellent personal telephone advice you gave me in the past. You saved me lots of time and money :) by advising against my fighting my .info name challenge, which was later taken away by Afilias during the challenge process. :mad:

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi RealNames,

Thanks for recommending that I look into this forum.

I have been thinking about Snoopy's comment that the .COM in DomeBase.com says a lot and I think I just might bite the bullet and transfer it all to DomeBase.info... and put link on DomeBase.com saying that it has moved. Next week I will be sending out study to a bunch of folks, so this is probably the time to do it. I think that the Search engines and other links will eventually catch up. I guess it is the principle of the thing.

Sincerely, DomeBase

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DomeBase Hi RealNames, Thanks for recommending that I look into this forum. I have been thinking about Snoopy's comment that the .COM in DomeBase.com says a lot and I think I just might bite the bullet and transfer it all to DomeBase.info... and put link on DomeBase.com saying that it has moved. Next week I will be sending out study to a bunch of folks, so this is probably the time to do it. I think that the Search engines and other links will eventually catch up. I guess it is the principle of the thing. Sincerely, DomeBase

That's also a good idea but you may lose many of your links and SE rankings in the process, in fact that will definately happen. What with all the great publicity domebase.com has received it will take you forever to get all of that back, especially the links.

In honor of your great beneficial work and to help you out and save you some money I could make a domebase.info site live and place it on automatic redirection to your .com site at absolutely no cost to you. It would do this on my high-speed dedicated Cobalt Server.

Please let me know, I could get it active and on redirection within 48-hrs. All that's needed on your end is simply a nameservers change. If you later change your mind and move all to a dot-info site we could easily reverse it and switch the redirection for dot-com to the dot-info.

Edwin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why don't you point domebase.info to the same IP as domebase.com? Simple, quick and doesn't involve any redirection!

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not sure what you mean when you say 'point' vs redirection. I think these 2 things may be the same. What is your understanding on these 2 terms?

We still need to set up a virtual site and then use .htaccess to redirect to the other one. One big advantage in doing this is the domain may also be sent to the search engines and I believe they will index it (at least the name) even though it's on redirection.

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I appreciate your offer. I like to think I do pretty good work on analysis, but still have a lot to learn about the technical side of webmastering, redirecting and all that. I am setting up DomeBase.info and plan to transition there some time, but not right away... partly due to search engine considerations you point out. I do appreciate your offer and the warm welcome :).

I like the fact that this forum is moderated and that people are encouraged to not engage in personal attacks. .. which hinder the effectiveness of some other forums. May I ask who set up and runs this DNForum? It looks neat to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators