Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Lol @ sedo - so lame !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tldrental

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
SEDO BLACK LISTED THESE DOMAINS, got a friendly email from them today saying blacklisted,....lol, I now see you guys have a few dim bulbs over there at SEDO...lol

Not angry, I find it very funny how someone got paid to decide these doamins are worth black listing, like they have a quota to fill by a deadline, and next flipped a coin to see who was going to get black listed.

Here are the emails I was sent, again SEDO your lame!!

Dear Mr. Giammarinaro Jr,

We are writing to inform you that the domains listed below have been suspended from Sedo\\\\\\\'s services because this domain(s) is a potential violation of Sedo\\\\\\\'s policy against domains that include obscene or illegal subject matter. While Sedo strives to protect our users rights to exercise free speech and maintain a marketplace with a vibrant and diverse collection of domain names, we apologize any inconvenience that this may cause.

historyofbarackobama.info
historyofobama.info
barackobamabiography.net

In the course of removing such domains from our system there is the possibility that otherwise legitimate domains were suspended due to their inclusion of terms used in different contexts. If you have any questions about this decision please contact your Sedo account manager or the Sedo legal department at [email protected].

Sincerely,

Sedo Legal Dept.
Sedo.com LLC
161 First Street
Fourth Floor
Cambridge, MA 02142
Email: [email protected]

Dear Mr. Giammarinaro Jr,

We are writing to inform you that the domains listed below have been suspended from Sedo\\\\\\\'s services because this domain(s) is a potential violation of Sedo\\\\\\\'s policy against domains that include obscene or illegal subject matter. While Sedo strives to protect our users rights to exercise free speech and maintain a marketplace with a vibrant and diverse collection of domain names, we apologize any inconvenience that this may cause.

historyofjohnmccain.info
historyofmccain.info
johnmccainbio.info
johnmccainbiography.info
johnmccainhistorian.com
johnmccainhistorian.info
johnmccainhistorian.net
johnmccainhistorian.org
johnmccainhistorians.com
johnmccainhistory.com
johnmccainhistory.info
johnmccainhistory.net
johnmccainhistory.org
mccainbio.info
mccainbiography.info
mccainhistorian.com
mccainhistorian.info
mccainhistorian.net
mccainhistorian.org
mccainhistorians.com
mccainhistory.info

In the course of removing such domains from our system there is the possibility that otherwise legitimate domains were suspended due to their inclusion of terms used in different contexts. If you have any questions about this decision please contact your Sedo account manager or the Sedo legal department at [email protected].

Sincerely,

Sedo Legal Dept.
Sedo.com LLC
161 First Street
Fourth Floor
Cambridge, MA 02142
Email: [email protected]

Here is a list of domains that are currently up on sedo for sale

barackobamawiki.com Make Offer - - o-b-a-m-a.com Make Offer - - spin-o-bama.com 299 £ - 6 o-bama.com Make Offer - 14 o-b-a-m-a.info Make Offer - 1 barack-o-bama.com 10,000 $US - - o-bamagirl.com Make Offer - 2 cocko-bama.com Make Offer - - rob-amanda.com 5,000 EUR - 1 obamacast.com 500 $US - 1 manitoba-map.com Make Offer - - oba-ma-banana.com Make Offer - 1 obamacampaigners.com 3,000 $US - - whoisbarack-obama.com Make Offer - - electbarackobama.ws 25 $US - - big-boob-amateurs.com 1,000 $US - 288 invitebarackobama.com Make Offer - 3
barackobamawiki.com Make Offer - - barack-o-bama.com 10,000 $US - - electbarackobama.ws 25 $US - - whoisbarack-obama.com Make Offer - - barackobamaismynewbi... Make Offer - 51 barackobamachildhood... Make Offer - - invitebarackobama.com Make Offer - 3

quadrat_headline.gif
Your search returned 6 matching domains: Domain Name / Website [?] Price [?] Bids [?] Traffic [?] Quality [?] mc-cain.org 1,499 EUR - 4 mc-cain.us Make Offer - 3 mc-cain.eu Make Offer - - mc-cain.net Make Offer - 1 mc-cain.nl Make Offer - 3

!!sedo is lame!!

Last edited:

tldrental

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I didnt see that, thanks!!!

I am removing the 2000 domains I had with sedo, and closing my account over there ignorants.

People have to stand up! other wise it just gets worse

slumbum

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I had a similar issue because I had a domain with the word tsunami in it. (no I wasn't trying to capitalize on the tragedy) Appearantly some tight-arse over there got ahold of a red marker and lost his or her mind.

They still have the marker. How about some sexually questionable domains, or historical events, or...? The truth is, there is a market for ANYTHING and EVERYTHING, that's how capitalism works.

If a trademark isn't being threatened, if people aren't being harmed, and the rules are observed, they should think twice before blacklisting.
My humble opinion only.

tldrental

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
well I know that I have some powerfull domains that in the wrong hands could do a lot of damage to the preutaions of obama or mccain.

mine are all history related and bio related, so on obamahistory.com for example if owned by a hardcore republican could rewrite obama's history from a republican or conservetive point of view.

Rich

DNP

Trust & Reliability
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
LOL. Does it mean that they are going to black list another million of names related to president candidates from 250 countries all arount the globe?! God bless America...

SedoCoUk

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Many of the domains referred to in this thread have been suspended from Sedo's services as you may have noticed. Sedo made a business decision to remove all domains that include the names of (American) presidential candidates or other (American) politicians during the election year. This decision was made approximately one year ago and has become more apparent now that the presidential election is two months away and registration of these domains has spiked. This removal process is ongoing and will continue as new domains are discovered.

While Sedo strives to protect our users’ rights to exercise free speech and maintain a marketplace with a vibrant and diverse collection of domain names, Sedo does not endorse or disparage any political candidate or party. We have therefore made the decision not to allow such domain names in the marketplace or in our parking program. This decision, however, is not intended to dictate the business of others; rather, it is intended only to affect business conducted through Sedo’s services. Domain owners and investors may still work with these domains elsewhere at their discretion.

Although we respect any discussion regarding this matter, this is a final decision and will not be reversed because of continued debate. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause but ask for your cooperation and understanding.

Thanks,
Monica

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
It'd be interesting to know the reasoning behind this decision: was it lobby pressure from specific politicians, pressure from your upstream providers or some executive at Sedo woke up pricked one morning?

If it's been a year that this process is in place, why are these domains allowed to be added to the database and why even such sales are allowed to be pending? Why did you not announce this decision ANYWHERE on the Sedo member section or did not mass mail the Sedo users?

Is this decision extended to domains of worldwide politicians during any given election year across the globe? What about other planets and universes? Will HMMMFFBLOOP.com be allowed to be parked or is it a known leader in the Andromeda galaxy?

WHERE DOES THE BUCK STOP SEDO?

Last edited:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
What a bunch of BS.

If you cannot implement a complete filtration, don't implement it at all!

Currently listed for sale on Sedo:

175 domains containing Palin
6 Obama
5 McCain
20 or so 'Biden".

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Latest Comments

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener