Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Looking for a new hosting company

Status
Not open for further replies.

tldrental

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have given up on shared hosting, so I starting my own. Everyone promises what they cant provide, with unrealistic expectations.

If you need temporary hosting until you find your provider I can give you an account as a band aid for free. My cluster uses a more advance hosting control panel then your used to though, I have a 4 server H-Sphere hosting cluster. Currently mostly my own play ground with a select few chosen customers.

Keep in mind Draggar I am offering this to you for free, so please dont beat me over the head for technical issues as you would a paid service. I can a sure you will get the same satisfactory help and support as if you did have a paid service.

I need some live beta testers and you can be one of them. PM me Draggar if you are interested.

Mods, don't smack me for this post, just trying to help out Draggar, I am not advertising.

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you are looking for top of the line (yes it costs) vps or dedicated server go with powervps.com. Haven't found anything better, and I've used numerous.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here's the thing, though. They need to have the capability to expand. Sell a domain or two and pay a virtual dedicated or reseller up for a few months. I know from experience it's better to have more than enough bandwidth/space/support/uptime than not enough.

Agree with Johnn, Meganerd and EG Domains, Hostgator is the way to go.

I have a Reseller Hosting Plan with Hostgator, been with them now for over 3+ years and I couldn't be happier. No upfront fees either.. One thing I really like is the 24/7 Chat support.. Instant problem solving.

If you are looking for top of the line (yes it costs) vps or dedicated server go with powervps.com. Haven't found anything better, and I've used numerous.

Right now #1 and #2 issues with me are lack of money and not very good domains (I am dropping many now). I need something inexpensive. Even as far as what the low end hosts offer, it isn't near what I need so expandability is not an issue, at this time.

I have given up on shared hosting, so I starting my own. Everyone promises what they cant provide, with unrealistic expectations.
I need some live beta testers and you can be one of them. PM me Draggar if you are interested.

Mods, don't smack me for this post, just trying to help out Draggar, I am not advertising.

I might take you up on this, but if you need beta testers, I could throw up a site or two on your servers (we can discuss in PM later on details). I have sites ranging from basic web pages, to come that are blogs and/or forums (some with consistent incoming RSS feeds).

I'm too tired now to really think this over, but I'll contact you later on in regards to this.

As it seems hostmonster may be the way to go for me. I just hopei can get this all said and done before Oct 1 when Comcast starts to limit my web usage. :(

tldrental

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Question about hostmonster - can I upload a database? I know it might sound like a stupid question but it is important to me.

every hosting company should allow you to import you databases. if they dont you should walk away.

bro

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah, You can import Your Database using phpMYAdmin, and You can even test all these tools provided in their hosting control panel demo, its available on their homepage .

domainding

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Question about hostmonster - can I upload a database? I know it might sound like a stupid question but it is important to me.

Yeah sure, it works just like most of the others. For example if it's a MySQL database (on my hostmonster plan, I'm allowed 100 of those) you simply set up a database name along with username and password for access and you're good to upload.
I have a bunch of turnkey scripted sites from built2go.com and dotcombuilder etc etc, and I haven't had any problems yet.
It uses cpanel to organize and there is a database 'wizard' to help you set things up.

That's enough free advertising for them from me I think. I should see if they have an affiliate programme :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators