• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Looking for advice with EBay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fab

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2004
Messages
3,554
Reaction score
2
Hi everyone. I am looking for advice on what to do with a recent EBay auction. I found a used laptop, with all the specs, great price, and shipping to meet my needs. The seller offered paying through paypal, which with all it's problems I use for both receiving and sending money, as well as the fact that I got a holiday discount this way. After winning the auction, with no other bidders, I paid immediately. The seller contacted me saying that he has a problem using Paypal, since they won't wire his money to Egypt, although his profile said he was from Florida. In any case he asked me to take my money back, and either send by money gram or Western Union, while I responded that he should open an account with Moneybookers since they can wire to Egypt. He hasn't gotten back to me for over a day.

Question: What should I do?
 
I would bet money the listing is fraudulent. Don't ever send money via Money Gram or Western Union for an eBay item!

eBay has probably already administratively removed the listing. Conact PayPal immediately and get your money back and forget you ever saw that listing.

I am telling you... it is fraud!
 
I would bet money the listing is fraudulent. Don't ever send money via Money Gram or Western Union for an eBay item!

eBay has probably already administratively removed the listing. Conact PayPal immediately and get your money back and forget you ever saw that listing.

I am telling you... it is fraud!

I cancelled payment, listening to your advice. I thought if he agreed to pay by moneybookers I could pay $3 for escrow, although he hasn't gotten back to me.
 
PayPal's phone support is 1-888-221-1161

Great job fab, you will be glad you cancelled your payment. If the listing is still active (on the site), I would recommend you report it to eBay.
 
many red flags here , "great price" , "profile says florida but is in egypt" , "no other bidders" , stay away.
 
eBay does have a Standard Purchase Protection Program that may cover you up to $175 of your purchase.

I would personally report the seller and item number to eBay for review.

If anything, the seller is in violation because they aren't able to accept PayPal thus they aren't abiding by the terms of the listing!
 
Its a new ebay scammer, stay well away....
 
Well, I reported him, since he never got back to me. I hope they know how to deal with him. Thanks all for your advice.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom