Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Looking for quotes (enhanced pedigree database clone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Feel free to shoot me a PM on this (please do not post quotes in this thread - questions in here are OK). Quotes will need to be submitted to the club's board for approval.

I'm looking for a dog pedigree database - but more involved with ones that are available (it looks like they're all search by name and that's about it). I would like a Joomla plugin but that is not necessary. The database should be MySQL based.

We don't need anything flashy but something that does look nice.

Edit (April 6) - I'd like to stress that I prefer performance over glitter. I do not need flash, high resolution photos on the splash page, etc.. Many people who go to the site will most likely still be on 56K or slower. I also do not need space for ad space.

I do not need anything spetacular looking, something like www.pedigreedatabase.com (minus the keyword cloud and ads) is nice and basic for us.(/edit)

The fields we need (all fields searchable):

All these fields can be entered / edited by the user - for spam control I want the entry not to show until an admin can approve it but once it is approved the member can edit (maybe a second membership level, lowest (registered) needs approval, and then an approved level that doesn't require admin approval?):

Dog's name
Owner's Name
Kennel (with link)
*City (Optional)
*State (pulldown - 50 states listed + other w/ a text field for other) - required
*Country (preferably a pulldown)

Contact information (email, phone #)
Dog's parents (on the display, to show a family tree with links to other dogs in the registry also, like how the Pedigree Database shows it).
Registry (checkboxes, able to select multiple): AKC / UKC / FCI with a text field for registration # next to each item.
Sex (M/F)
Date of birth
Date of death (with a text field for the cause of death)
Parents

Two text fields, one for a bio for the dog and the other for the dog's certifications, titles, and awards.

Member can also add / edit photographs of the dog

These fields will default "not tested" - only editable by an admin:

Health certifications:
DM (not tested, N/N, N/A, A/A)
OFA Hips (not tested, tested + a text field for results)
PENN Hips (not tested, tested + a text field for results)
CERF (not tested, tested + a text field for results)
Elbows (not tested, tested + a text field for results)
Patella - (not tested, tested with a text field for results)
Heart - (not tested, tested with a text field for results)
Thyroid - (not tested, tested with a text field for results)

We would also like the ability to add our own health certifications down the road in case other health issues that we need to monitor popup.

I'd also like the site to show a "family tree" (like on Pedigree Database) with links to the parents if they are also in the registry.

Please note: this post may change, I am going to send a link to club members to see if there is anything they'd want added).

I've seen basic packages online for $300-$400 but they would require a lot of modifying (and I'm sure they won't do it for free ;)) - these usually include just the name, location, pictures, but I have seen ones with family trees).

Thank you for looking!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom