Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Looking For Someone With A Vanity Number Background

Status
Not open for further replies.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
800 block may be full for almost every vanity number, you may be lucky in 888, better in 877 and the best in 855. Are you trying to forward calls to a land line or it be your primary phone number?

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
844 numbers are coming very soon, in case you are looking for vanity numbers already taken in the other 'extensions'.

EPOCHDOMAINS

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
In order to create instant and spontaneous consumer re-call. It must be the 1-800 number extension. The lost call volume of any other extension. 1.888, 1.877, 1.866, 1.855 is as high as 90 precent. I am specifically looking for someone whom has experience in the vanity number " shared used " space.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You're just going to have to deal with there being nothing left and getting lucky with 1-800-782-EPOC(H) or 1-800-9EP-OCH8. There simply aren't any available anymore unless you want to pay big bucks. (Kinda like domaining ;))

You would have to go through numerous available numbers, converting them to possible alpha phrases and then go with that- or buy one. An example would be 1-800-636-0000 (easy to remember) for $588/month. Easy to remember, no need to scribble it down off a truck while driving, get more business. If you have that budget, go memorable like that. If not, get any 1-800 you can (with possible repeating numbers) and just stick a caller ID on it. If the one above is out of your price range, try getting words or exact phrases.

Good luck

EPOCHDOMAINS

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Mike,

I own dozens of vanity numbers such as 1.800.AZ.HOMES, 1.800.TN.HOMES, 1.800.WASH.PLUS and so on. I'm seeking someone with " shared use " vanity number platform experience and your right. A premium 1.800 vanity number today is often in the 6 figure range.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So what are you asking? What platforms can be used to create VoIP services with the numbers that you have in order to get unlimited extensions, call forwarding, etc. (Phone.com can and is relatively cheap) or a call center switching software like Avaya? Or are you looking to sell/acquire these numbers (most likely the wrong forum for that)?

EPOCHDOMAINS

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Mike,

Your points have little to do with vanity number shared use / call routing platforms. That's what I'm interested in.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why do you keep calling me Mike? And my last post is spot on with shared use (extensions forwarded to any number, Phone.com Communicator) or routing in a call center with Avaya.

EPOCHDOMAINS

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The term "Share use" is utilizing a vanity number and spitting access over hundreds of area codes and then leasing the vanity number to these users.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You would need Avaya for that (http://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=1671809). You can select area code 360 to route to Business X in Seattle, WA and 503 to Business Y in Portland, OR for lets say 1-800-DUI-(LAWY)ER. Phone.com does not have support for area code routing. As far as finding businesses to lease these numbers to, that would be through advertising and is not a specialty that I have, except for the Avaya platform.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There are some independent resporgs that should be able to provide advanced routing services, but personally I think you can do it yourself
by leasing a virtual PBX, then set up custom forwarding rules. Could be an Asterisk job strictly, but I need to dig more.
I'm assuming you will be using a pure VOIP solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom