• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed Looking to sell MyGameScript.com, currently earning $50+ a day; Need appraisal value

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Varchar

ArcadeScript.Com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2005
Messages
1,760
Reaction score
0
Hello,

I am wondering how much I should ask for MyGameScript.com. It is a PR 3 site with many major arcade / game script keywords indexed in the #1 position or first page of Google result. It earns at least $50 with about $2 in advertisement a day . Once in a while I have couple orders which I will earn $100+ daily.

It comes with an automated script to process orders. The biggest package comes with 2300+ games which is one of the biggest out there.

The amount of time I spend on supporting the site is about 5 to 10 minutes a day.

I want to know if it is possible or reasonable to ask for $25,000 (~1 year earning). Anything less, I would rather keep it and hire someone to run it. I do have plans to double the sales but I am not sure if I will have the time to do it.

So what do you think this site is worth?

So the question is... should I keep it or if I should try to sell it?

Thanks.
 
Typically, three years earnings is a benchmark to sell. So you are looking at $75K. If it is that hot, $75K is probably way too low. You may want to look at 6 years.

Why unload something that is so lucrative? With that kind of income, anything you do to upgrade or pay someone else to do it will pay for itself.
 
That sounds very high for a website (not a domain with type in traffic) I would say that it is recently to ask for 12 months income and perhaps a little more (18 months) if the site has had stable incomes during a longer period of time.
 
That sounds very high for a website (not a domain with type in traffic) I would say that it is recently to ask for 12 months income and perhaps a little more (18 months) if the site has had stable incomes during a longer period of time.
He's got a domain, and a web site, with type in traffic...right?

Is not an established website generating that kind of income not worth more than one year's revenue? If no, then keep it, ride it, and spend the money. Don't worry, you'll make more.

If there was no web site, if there was no traffic, if there was no page ranking, if there was no indexing on google, we would be talking about a domain name. I think we have gone beyond pricing and appraising a domain name. We are, I think, talking about a popular site that has traffic, that has product and sales and that contains gaming scripts generating around $50 a day and sometime $100. Correct?

I hardly think $75K for something like this is too much to ask and a good starting point. Ask for it, you may not get it, but what is the harm done in keeping something that makes that kind of moola for you?

I'll let Google know that they paid too much for YouTube.:cool:
 
Thanks for your opinions. My financial situation changed significantly this year and I might need to let this site go. It's not going to happen yet, but I figure it is better to know how much I should ask for so I know what to do when the time comes.

Any other appraisals? Thanks.

KW
 
Ask much more than $ 25K. Check how buyers respond. Somebody might be just looking for a site like yours, who knows?
If not, then analyse the offers and sell it at the highest that you can get if you are in need of money. NEVER undervalue your domain.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom