• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

  • Thread starter Thread starter tekz999
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess it really depends on how the offer is presented and how easy the person is to get a hold of. Some offers seems more spam-like. If it's written personally and you get a reply when you respond, that's not so bad. Just a part of domaining.
 
I've recently gotten in the habit of ignoring/deleting these cookie cutter domain requests. If I get multiple emails of the same nature (such as the one you quoted tekz), then it is someone likely fishing for bargains.

I don't guess there is anything wrong with this tactic, and I'm sure it must work sometimes, but it's easy to delete these emails and look for the more serious offers.

Perhaps it is just the cost of having domains in a strong domaining category (LLL domains).

- zesty
 
But what if "michael" is proven to have a partnership with someone. Let's call this someone "B".

"B" claims that "michael" is a seperate person than him. "michael" is his old "friend" of "B". "michael" spam the hell out of the registry, and if the negotiation is successful, "michael" will pass the sales to his "friend", "B" to complete the deal.

What I concern is, I had already given "B" a chance, asking him to stop buying names from "michael" for the sole reason that "michael" is conducting business in bad faith. "michael" claims that he wants the buyer's domain for "educational purposes", in which "michael" will build a website that sells educational products with the use of the buyer's domain.

In reality, of course, is wrong. The buyer's hope of his site will turn into something meaningful, something educational, will never work out. It is because "B" will resell the domain for a profit.

"michael" must have been a bad boy, because it has not been known whether he had ever told "B" how he got the names or if "B" knows how "michael" got the names, for what grounds.

What I suggest is, if you do not see a quality domain like 3 letters or numbers com/net, cvcv .coms, etc being sold in popular forums, popular auction venues, then the name will most likely be acquired in private.

If you see a "seller" have been getting all those new gems from this few months, acquired from multiple different buyers, from a unknown source. Then the "seller" might be "B" or "michael". I hope we do not conduct any transactions with "B" or "michael" because obviously, they have played low.
 
I don't really understand this thread. Doesn't deleting lowball emails take 1/100th the time of posting about it on DNForum? I personally don't think this kind of unsolicited email is nearly as immoral or annoying as the 100 penis pill messages I get daily, and I wouldn't call it spam.
 
Come on, we all getting those emails everday... that just means that you have valuable domains that people want to buy. If you want to avoid spam, I say you should subscript spam blocker services.

I got $1, $10, and up to $60 (from sedo) lowball offers daily for names which appraise $xxxx or more. Deleting them just become part of my daily task. LOL.
 
Funny, i got an email recently and the spammer didn't even put the domain on the email.

He's obviosly mass emailing domain owners, maybe from a compromised regfly mailing list.
 
Damn, and I just replied to this iriot:

Hi,

I'm interested in your domain LLL.net. Is it available for transfer or sale?

Sincerely,


Carin Walters
 
I'm surprised this person hasn't been called out, as it's been dragging on for at least a year.
 
i aslo get like those emails almost daily.
even if i ask 3000$ for a LLL.com these spammers are not willing to pay more than 1000$ for a LLL.com
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom