Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

MillionDollarScam.com The Truth About MDHP

Status
Not open for further replies.

furca

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Duncan, Why do you care that theregister was involved? It was up to them wether they wanted to be involved in it and publish and frankly you have no right to accuse alex of scamming..Maybe you dont agree with his ethics but I dont agree with your stupid post..What a [removed]

Thank you for your continued opinions and insight! =]

Domain Summit 2024

webland

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have always supportive Alex's idea and also exchanged emails with him.

But he really disappointed me with this last move. Here is the main reason:

1) it's NOT the Million Dollar Homepage anymore.
The great attraction of this idea was the story of being able to earn 1 million dollars with a single webpage. Add to that the 1 million pixels and the motive of the student looking to pay his education and you get a unique concept, hence media attention hence the page fills out and accomplishes its goal.

By selling the last pixels for more than $1 each, and therefore raising more than 1 Million, he has completely destroyed the concept of the Million Dollar Homepage.

2) Alex, after being (or looking) always very honest and correct (and therefore attracting public sympathy) has lied and is treating the public as if we were complete idiots.

- He lies when he writes that he made the decision of auctioning the last 1000 pixels only at the end as he saw demand outstrip suppply. (instead he had planned this since the very beginning and reserved those pixels for this purpose). After all he couldn't have told the truth without breaking the million dollar homepage concept (by letting it become the million and fifteen thousand dollars page, hence harming the mediatic appeal of the million dollar homepage concept)

- He treats us as complete idiots when he thinks we don't notice that those pixels were not available the day before (how could they be in such a prime spot?); and again when he says that auctioning them was inevitable and "most fair" when obviously it is most unfair when he was holding up all along the simple and easily implementable rule of first come first serve.

3) He got greedy in a squallid way. And perhaps lost his sense of reality?
("Who knows, maybe I could make another million dollars! Hehe")

Bad bad ...bad finale

The Million Dollar Homepage....no more

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
PokerGuide.com said:
Who the **** cares!!

agreed,
I hate him, hi is a money greedy liar, which thinks "genius"of him self

furca

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It think what he meant by saying this
Originally Posted by PokerGuide.com
Who the **** cares!!

Was that I was wasting my time creating a site like this.

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
p.s. to mods

i'm not assaulting for no reason, if he would be "alrite guy" (a little more clever), he would be auctioning "last" 1000 pixels for CHARITY donation !

mppedersen

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
webland said:
I have always supportive Alex's idea and also exchanged emails with him.

But he really disappointed me with this last move. Here is the main reason:

1) it's NOT the Million Dollar Homepage anymore.
The great attraction of this idea was the story of being able to earn 1 million dollars with a single webpage. Add to that the 1 million pixels and the motive of the student looking to pay his education and you get a unique concept, hence media attention hence the page fills out and accomplishes its goal.

By selling the last pixels for more than $1 each, and therefore raising more than 1 Million, he has completely destroyed the concept of the Million Dollar Homepage.

2) Alex, after being (or looking) always very honest and correct (and therefore attracting public sympathy) has lied and is treating the public as if we were complete idiots.

- He lies when he writes that he made the decision of auctioning the last 1000 pixels only at the end as he saw demand outstrip suppply. (instead he had planned this since the very beginning and reserved those pixels for this purpose). After all he couldn't have told the truth without breaking the million dollar homepage concept (by letting it become the million and fifteen thousand dollars page, hence harming the mediatic appeal of the million dollar homepage concept)

- He treats us as complete idiots when he thinks we don't notice that those pixels were not available the day before (how could they be in such a prime spot?); and again when he says that auctioning them was inevitable and "most fair" when obviously it is most unfair when he was holding up all along the simple and easily implementable rule of first come first serve.

3) He got greedy in a squallid way. And perhaps lost his sense of reality?
("Who knows, maybe I could make another million dollars! Hehe")

Bad bad ...bad finale

The Million Dollar Homepage....no more

Why are you taking this so personal, If he did do somthing so personal SUE him, I'm sure after several thousands in legal fees you will lose.

furca

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why are you taking this so personal, If he did do somthing so personal SUE him, I'm sure after several thousands in legal fees you will lose.

What??

-- UPDATE: Added links to sites that were discussing the MDS site to the last page.

furca

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Checked weblizer and my site has recieved 400 unique's at only halfway through the day.

Starting to get alot of referrals now

prasath

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Its his website., He can do whatever he wants with the unsold pixels

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
prasath said:
Its his website., He can do whatever he wants with the unsold pixels

my thoughts exactly.

this is most certainly not a scam

wasistdas

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Anyway it was his right to keep some blocks reserved with the speculation purpose in mind. It is really his site and he has the right to do it while other rules are not violated.

Edwin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Reread the emails he sent you.

A) All pixels sold were sold legitimately. That's not contradicted by the small reserved block of pixels - since they were never made available for sale, they could not have been sold "illegitimately" thus no contradiction.

B) Alex hasn't placed any affiliate links of his own. There weren't any in the block he reserved for the final auction, so again there's no contradiction.

I've corresponded a few times with Alex, mainly at the very beginning (pre-$50,000) and he strikes me as a friendly, intelligent YOUNG chap who struck on a winning idea and was (very pleasantly) surprised at its popularity.

Beyond that is just sour grapes...

ForumDomains

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The higher the bid on eBay for his last pixels, the more jealous some people get on this thread... Human nature is so predictable... LOL

mikesherov

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Edwin said:
Reread the emails he sent you.

A) All pixels sold were sold legitimately. That's not contradicted by the small reserved block of pixels - since they were never made available for sale, they could not have been sold "illegitimately" thus no contradiction.

B) Alex hasn't placed any affiliate links of his own. There weren't any in the block he reserved for the final auction, so again there's no contradiction.

I've corresponded a few times with Alex, mainly at the very beginning (pre-$50,000) and he strikes me as a friendly, intelligent YOUNG chap who struck on a winning idea and was (very pleasantly) surprised at its popularity.

Beyond that is just sour grapes...

This is the truth. There is a difference between him putting his own links up there, and reserving the prime location for the final sale.

I too have purchased a pixel link from Alex, and you know what, my ad is performing terribly on milliondollarhomepage.com . But, you know what, I got everything I paid for as promised, and my ad was delivered quickly. If my ad is not performing, it is my own fault because it's not in a good location.

Everyone here who is talking about what Alex has done "wrong" fails to realize that Alex has to have done at least one "right" thing, otherwise he wouldn't have a self-made million in his pocket.

His auctioning off of his own pixels may, and I use "may" lightly (since everything he has done so far has been a "right" move), be a shortsighted move, but in no way constitutes fraud.

Furthermore, he never said in his blog that he just now decided to do something special with the last 1,000 pixels. Instead, he mentions that he now decided what the best way to capitalize on them is.

He would be a fool not to have thought about the additional value of the final pixels... but he may only now have decided that ebay was the way to go.

Either way, congrats to him. I am a part of internet history because of him, and it only cost me a measly $100.

furca

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
) Alex hasn't placed any affiliate links of his own.

Yes he does have an affiliate link on the site; the link to sitelutions, but I am not going to argue that case because I believe he was referring to the "1 million pixels" and not the entire site by his wording.

SITE UPDATED TO 1 PAGE. ALSO ANSWERED SOME QUESTIONS SOME OF YOU HAVE PLACED FOR ME ON THIS FORUM ON THE SITE.

THANKS.

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
i just wondering, maybe when 5 yrs advertisement contract is finished, he could redirect all links to one site and build up a nice traffic

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom