Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

MillionDollarScam.com The Truth About MDHP

Status
Not open for further replies.

webland

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
mikesherov said:
There is a difference between him putting his own links up there, and reserving the prime location for the final sale.

Yes, in fact.

mikesherov said:
Everyone here who is talking about what Alex has done "wrong" fails to realize that Alex has to have done at least one "right" thing, otherwise he wouldn't have a self-made million in his pocket.

I said he did many things right, in fact almost everything. Too bad for the bad ending. He disappointed me and I think it was a big (and overall counterproductive) mistake. Just as it was a mistake when towards the beginning he launched a pixel picture contest. I wrote Alex about that, he was thinking the same thing and took it off right away.

mikesherov said:
His auctioning off of his own pixels may, and I use "may" lightly (since everything he has done so far has been a "right" move), be a shortsighted move, but in no way constitutes fraud.

I agree it is not fraud, and never thought or said otherwise.
So I guess you are replying to Duncan here.

mikesherov said:
Furthermore, he never said in his blog that he just now decided to do something special with the last 1,000 pixels. Instead, he mentions that he now decided what the best way to capitalize on them is.

No, you are wrong here.

In fact Alex wrote: "there are still 1,000 pixels available. However new orders have been suspended due to exceptional demand, so the last 1,000 pixels will be made available tommorrow"

And then the next day: "demand has completely outstripped supply [..] There are still literally hundreds of people e-mailing me wanting pixels on the homepage [...] Therefore, I am doing the most fair and logical thing and auctioning the last 1,000 pixels off on eBay"

mikesherov said:
He would be a fool not to have thought about the additional value of the final pixels... but he may only now have decided that ebay was the way to go.

Ok, so you are saying that he had planned to sell those pixels at a premium, but he might have decided just at the very end to do so through ebay rather than in some other way. Well, who knows, but that's not the point. The point is that he had planned of selling them at a premium; it's not important if through ebay or eboy or egirl.

mikesherov said:
Either way, congrats to him. I am a part of internet history because of him, and it only cost me a measly $100.

Yes, congrats to him nonetheless, even on my part.

It's that I am a perfectionist and if he had not done this final mistake that transformed it in the "million dollar home page...no more" it would have been perfect.

Domain Summit 2024

furca

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
but in no way constitutes fraud.

He deceived, that is fraud.

A Simple google search can give you the exact meaning for "Deception"

3. That which deceives or is intended to deceive; false representation; artifice; cheat; fraud. "There was of course room for vast deception." Motley.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
he's rich

Edwin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The fun thing is that he's now got plenty of money to sue anyone defaming/libelling him :bandit:

mikesherov

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
webland said:
No, you are wrong here.

In fact Alex wrote: "there are still 1,000 pixels available. However new orders have been suspended due to exceptional demand, so the last 1,000 pixels will be made available tommorrow"

And then the next day: "demand has completely outstripped supply [..] There are still literally hundreds of people e-mailing me wanting pixels on the homepage [...] Therefore, I am doing the most fair and logical thing and auctioning the last 1,000 pixels off on eBay"

Not to nitpick, but this still doesn't prove that he intended to decieve about the availability of the last 1K pixels. He mentions that the pixels are available, but orders have been suspended due to demand. Then the next day he says that he figured out what to do with them considering the overwhelming demand... sell them on ebay.

He never says in the beginning that he was planning on selling them the normal way, but only that they would "be available tomorrow".

The analogy would be me buying a bunch of real estate, and plan on selling the real estate at $1 per square foot (or whatever more realisitc number you can come up with). I realize that the plot nearest the waterfront is more valuable, so I decide not to sell that spot till the end. All of a sudden, everyone and their mother is buying my land. At the end, everyone is asking for that waterfront piece. Being a smart guy and holding onto that land, I know now it is a lot more valuable than I originally thought, so I'm going to have a special auction for that piece of land.

In the beginning, I did not know what to do with it, but only that it had the potential to be more valuable than the rest so I'll hold onto it. Only at the end, when I see the overwhelming demand did I decide that any price I can set on it may be too low or too high, so I'll auction it off and let the market decide.

Seems very fair to me. Duncan's email communication with Alex does not have any "deception" or "fraud" in it. And I'm sure Alex's reply about "not having his own affiliate links" was as defensive as it was because of all the other people (read: not duncan) accusing him of putting his own affiliate links up there.

The guy had a good idea and had a friend in journalism who broke the story, that may be the most you can accuse him of in terms of artificial gain. But even that is just "using your network". Other millionaires use their networks all the time.

webland

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
mikesherov said:
He never says in the beginning that he was planning on selling them the normal way, but only that they would "be available tomorrow".

Look, what he should have said for fairness, but intentionally never said, is that he had reserved 1000 pixels for himself since the beginning, and these were the pixels he was putting up for sale on ebay.
That's all, and it's pretty simple.

mikesherov said:
The guy had a good idea and had a friend in journalism who broke the story, that may be the most you can accuse him of in terms of artificial gain.
Not at all, there is no artifical gain or friend in journalism that made the difference. The success is all due to the exceptional idea and the fact that he executed it well.

Entrepeneurship in its purest form.

He deserved all the million+ he has hearned.

ERCollins

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I dont read mush so just got around to reading this small piece of artwork.

I personally have never been to the website, or cared to advertise on the site.

Did anyone count to make sure there was only 1 million pixels? maybe he ended up with some extras?

Guess what it really does not matter, This is a domain forum, and maybe you should fight a bigger battle that is killing us now more than this guy finding away to sell advertising.

You can see that what he did with the last 1,000 pixels is the same as Snapnames or Enom or and of the other domain drop sites is doing now.

They get the premium names from the registar before they drop to the public and sell them at a premium.

Tew took the last 1,000 Top Pixels, and selling them at auction for a premium, not against the law.

I own a computer company, I can raise rates anytime I want to. Supply and demand, unless it is during a natural disaster. Then there are laws to stop that. (but only on food gas and shelter)

So give this guy a break, let him do his thing, and get over it.

Unless you can show a clear TOS that has been broken, you are basically slandering this man for no reason and you diserve for him to sue you.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Very noble Slim, but disclosure is the name of the game here. Read back through the 'mush'.

Jonathan

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why is disclosure the name of the game?

Because you decided that's what it should be?

ERCollins

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Azooza I read every post.

I think I get something in the mail every other week from my credit card companies about Changes to the TOS or disclosure agreements.

He has that same right maybe he mis labeled you mail so you did not get your notice.

Arsenik

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
webland said:
Look, what he should have said for fairness, but intentionally never said, is that he had reserved 1000 pixels for himself since the beginning, and these were the pixels he was putting up for sale on ebay...

Do you believe ppl would not have bought the other 999000 pixels because of that? I mean would it have changed anything?

I have a hard time understanding how this affects ppl who have bought pixels in any way? I mean ppl were able/had the chance to by their pixels before all this... Ppl paid for their pixels and received what they were expecting and even more in some cases... I dont understand how anyone can feel scammed in this...

ForumDomains

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ashe said:
I just read through this complete thread. I only have one thing to add:

He's rich and I'm jealous.
LOL! Exactly...

Forumwatch

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Calling it a scam is "as" missleading as what you claim he did...

He is now simply the same as 99% of all bussiness people greedy for
more money while he has the oportunity to make it, and while this
may approche the grey line it does not cross it !

furca

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
UPDATE:

Now have #1 spot on google if you search for

Pixels Fraud
Pixel Fraud
Pixel Scripts Fraud
Pixel Scam
Pixels Scam

Now have #2 spot on google if you search for

Million Dollar Homepage Scam

Now have #6 spot on google if you search for

Million Pixels CNN

Jonathan

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That only means something if they are terms people search for. Now, if someone decides to report on it being a scam or something, then you'll really see some traffic I'm sure.

Scammers on eBay pawn their sites off by 'bragging' about being #1 for web design 4hire or free potato posters.

cursal

MomsDigest.com For Sale!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Duncan said:
UPDATE:

Now have #1 spot on google if you search for

Pixels Fraud
Pixel Fraud
Pixel Scripts Fraud
Pixel Scam
Pixels Scam

Now have #2 spot on google if you search for

Million Dollar Homepage Scam

Now have #6 spot on google if you search for

Million Pixels CNN

Nice job Duncan. That's how to ride the wave of the "next big thing"

furca

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That only means something if they are terms people search for.

Found this out by looking at my Weblizer, got a few hits from each term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom