Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

minimum fee for Sedo transation???

Status
Not open for further replies.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We all know that way back, it was $100 or 100 Euros, then it went to 50.
Recently, we have seen posts here , and I myself had received an email saying it wa reduced to 10% no matter what. So minimum fee for a 100 sale, would be $10.

I trashed the email, but I know the posts are still archived here.

Can someone clarify this issue?
I emailed Sedo UK, and they insist the minimum fee is still Euro 50, although i received an email a few weeks ago saying otherwise.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thanks for that link.

It is indeed strange. That particular domain i got a 100 euro offer for is parked at sedo.
and I had received the same email in that link (I will find it), and it said 10% regardless and gave the same example of the $10 for $100 domain offer if pparked there.
Very strange.

unholy1

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
From the Sedo Website:

NEW! No Minimum Commission on Parked Domains!

If your domain is parked with Sedo, you pay only a flat 10% of the sales price-- no more $50 minimum commission!
Please note this offer is only valid for US and Canadian Residents, see Offer Conditions for more infomation.

Conditions:
* No minimum commission offer is valid for customers residing within the US and Canada only.
* In order to be eligible for the commission reduction, a domain must be parked (and have received at last one view) before the buyer makes his first offer.
* Offer is valid until December 31, 2004. Sedo reserves the right to discontinue the offer at any time, with or without notice.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yes, I confirmed it with Sedo.

only available to customers in the US and Canada.
Is that weird, or what!???

Unregistered

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
why? why only for US and Canada resident?
it's unfair.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
maybe Sedo was/is over confident in Europe/rest of world, and they are trying to gain market share in the US/CA???

Over confidence is always a sign that something is about to fall...

SedoCoUk

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello from Sedo,

Sedo has launched a new "no minimum commission for parkers" campaign. This is a North American specific campaign to promote the launch of our US subsidiary and broaden our customer base there. Unfortunately, at this time this promotion is only valid for customers who are legal residents of the United States or Canada.

As we advertised the campaign over our Sedo.com platform (which caters specifically to North America but has many international users), we hope no one has misunderstood our eager promotional efforts and "feels left out".

Depending upon the success of this effort, we will extend this promotion to all of our customers in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Nora Cotter
Key Account Manager

SEDO.COM :: Buy and Sell Domain Names and Websites

tel +49 (221)-420-758-287 :: fax +49 (212)-202-3951
email: [email protected] :: url: www.sedo.com

_______________________ :: make a name for yourself.

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
SedoCoUk said:
As we advertised the campaign over our Sedo.com platform (which caters specifically to North America but has many international users), we hope no one has misunderstood our eager promotional efforts and "feels left out".

Regional based promotions make sense and are quite common, but your response about people being confused certainly raises some issues ...

So is Sedo.com for North America only? Or is that site for all regions of the world?

What about sedo.co.uk? -is that only for United Kingdom?

Why can one log into any of your so-called platform sites and they basically appear exactly the same? -except when they order a product and don't get what they paid for ... still waiting for my $117 USD refund :-D

Sedo's system IS confusing and Sedo is losing business over it; many folks have lost confidence and lost trust in Sedo to perform compared to its various competitors.

Ron

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Congratulations SEDO in a single Coup not only have you persuaded me to retarget all my names back on the SEDO site but, I have put low prices (100€-200€) on many of them.

I am keen to clear many of quality but not exceptional domains to allow me to focus on the developing IDN market. By allowing domain parkers to sell, without a minimum commission this presents me with a clear opportunity to clear the decks.

I thought SEDO was losing its way, but this one move has done a great deal to restore faith. The next big challenge is the development of the IDN market. Lets see that this new found faith has not been misplaced.

For those interested in low value conventional use the advanced search options to filter out the lowest priced domains. You should see some real bargains over the next couple of weeks.

Flash

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dwrixon, your post has nothing to do with this thread.

Congratulations for who???

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well the link is definitely there! Why you cannot see the connection beats the hell out of me!

Dave Wrixon

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
it does?
lol
ok...

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I apologise, I have got totally the wrong end of the stick! I didn't realise than even SEDO would be crass enough to post an offer than applies only to North America on a .co.uk website. I feel totally disenfranchised and have just swapped all my nameservers back to domainhop.com. Shows the importance of consolidation to a registrar with a bulk update facility. No need to pack - just leave!

Apologies again. I would appear that SEDO it set on course of self destruction!

Dave Wrixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom