Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

.mobi domains suck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I own about 30 .mobi's, and in my opinion they are the worst investment I have made in my domaining career, as parked domains they have extremely poor traffic and they never recieve a click through, and what is worse is the fact that I had to reg them at the time for 2 years!

Develop Develop Develop

Then they will magically start clicking.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Vision, if .mobi is so strong and promising, then why work so hard to "defend it". I swear, you're like the .mobi Swiss Guard, you seem to have pitch for every angle, and that's precisely the problem. Your actions spell out lack of confidence, I can't understand how you're oblivious to that fact.

For god's sake, how heavily invested are you in this extension? Some of your posts seem almost frantic.

Vision must work for mobee tld. His job is to recruit more domainer suckers.

Has anyone seen Vision mention any of his own mobees?

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I own IDN's and people talk sh!t about them all the time, but who cares. The IDN's I own get traffic, occasionally offers come in, so why defend the investment in public? Why chase the wind, .mobi will rise or fall regardless.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Lets break out the old DAMN THE MOBI threads. Why not. It ain't going no where.

No one is promoting it.

No one is using it.

Oh oh...

getting that spiritual side of me going...

I envision a new book in the works, a biblical twist...

The Garden of Mobi... Starring Gregr as Adam, Eva as Eve, Vision as the serpent...Hmmm..

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Lets break out the old DAMN THE MOBI threads. Why not. It ain't going no where.

No one is promoting it.

No one is using it.

Oh oh...

getting that spiritual side of me going...

I envision a new book in the works, a biblical twist...

The Garden of Mobi... Starring Gregr as Adam, Eva as Eve, Vision as the serpent...Hmmm..

Who get's to play Prince's missing rib?

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Fearless that is the same for any domain of any extension, but why would I want to develop a domain that people will only use for a fraction of their time (away from a desk top or laptop)?

I nearly got pulled into the ranks of developing a few weeks ago when I joined another forum specifically about .mobi's, yes everything seemed bright until I came back here and I realised that amount of false hype that is being pushed at domainers.

The question is why have so few companies developed .mobi sites? They have definately had long enough to put together a small junk site. Instead the vast majority are staying with their mainstream site and ignoring .mobi.

I watched a news program today and there was a report from a mobile phone trade show, the reporter actually went around and asked people if they accessed the internet via the mobile phone, guess what the majority answer was? You got it, 'No'. And this was at a mobile phone trade show!

Fearless, Vision, and the rest, I wish you all the best for the future and I hope you prove me wrong (and I actually mean that), but please stop these pointless self promoting .mobi threads or I and a few others I am sure will start posting reports about companies that have not got a .mobi site (and there are a great many more of them than those with). I read the .mobi threads looking for news and trends in the business, not this over zealous hype rubbish that is constantly being churned out.

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Not sure.

I think I'll be the tree that keeps getting his fruit munched on.

Adam: Eve, those aren't kiwis!
Sleeping Dinosaur: Hey man WTF?

I think I've drifted off topic again.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I watched a news program today and there was a report from a mobile phone trade show, the reporter actually went around and asked people if they accessed the internet via the mobile phone, guess what the majority answer was? You got it, 'No'. And this was at a mobile phone trade show!
Who would have ever thought you could be watching bootleg movies on a .tv?

I went to work the other night. There were my coworkers I was getting ready to relieve watching 310 to Yuma.

I asked them if that was a DVD and they said no, it was on the internet. And they just rattled off the domainname dot tv like it was nobody's business.

The only .tv site I had ever seen or heard of was bud.tv.

So tell me how things like this get started? Seems to me they just do.

And while domainers are trying to figure this out and arguing these points, the mobile internet just keeps chugging along.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
February 11, 2008: Endusers have been registering, buying, launching, marketing the dotMobi namespace....

Banking
Bank of America - BofA.mobi
Wachovia - Wachovia.mobi

Lets see where we stand on February 11, 2010....
Michael,

As I am sure you are aware, most of these companies will have .asia too even if it's only for the sake of defensive registration. Just because they buy .asia doesn't mean the extension will be successful or has a future. They have nothing to lose by following the trends and investing in a few corporate gadgets.

This will nicely complement their set of WAP sites still in operation :lol:
http://m.ebay.com/
https://mobile.passport.net/si/
http://www.google.com/xhtml
https://www.google.com/accounts/Ser...1&ui=html&zy=l&ltmpl=ecobh&nui=5&btmpl=mobile
http://wap.ft.com/d2c/
http://wap-asia.fedex.com/
http://mobileapp.espn.go.com/wireless/espn/wml/index

Many more still online... :yes:

Now we all know gadgets are just that... gadgets. They have a limited lifespan and are quickly forgotten.

Surprisingly ponzi.mobi is still available :)

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Vision must work for mobee tld. His job is to recruit more domainer suckers.

Has anyone seen Vision mention any of his own mobees?

He's listed a few here that were on sale/auction at sedo. Truth be told - his are not bad for mobe domains. At least they are connected to the tld and should bring him a decent profit.

I also think he's on the payroll. There are so many people online these days being paid to post things favourable of companies, organizations, people etc. It's business!

GAMEFINEST

PURE SAVAGE
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This thread gives me a giggle

neonoceans

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Please save us all from planet Mobi. Great thread. Someone please pass the milk duds.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Surprisingly ponzi.mobi is still available :)
Not sure we would expect anything more out of someone who claimed no one would use their phone for the internet.

You own posting makes a very good argument for .mobi, thank you very much.

In your seven examples, you demonstrated seven different mobile access domains.

Do you have them all memorized? Do you have them all bookmarked on the phone?

Good.

Because there are 13,070,000,000 listed .com sites and I am not sure your phone capacity will be able to store all those. And if each one of them used 7 different ways to access the the mobile internet...

well, do the math.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators