Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

MOD attacking members personally

Status
Not open for further replies.

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I understand here in the forum, members got attacked by a MOD quite often and sometimes even attacked personally.

Should this be happening?

I would have thought the MOD can send PM if they aren't happy with something rather than attacking members personally in the threads. It looks ugly.

Upvote 0

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I can not read the OP because I have this member on ignore.

WHY?

Because as this same mod has pointed out, and as I have pointed out, and as other member have pointed out...asking the same question by simply rephrasing it and starting a new thread each and every time changes nothing - it is still the same question and it is still the same answers. The only thing different is starting a new thread every time and many running concurrently.

The reality is, it makes the member James2002 appear very stupid and dense. But if that is how someone wishes to portray theirself and wish to be known then fine.

The mod is not attacking you. He has a job to clean up the forum and tie up loose ends and combine threads. Chasing you around and telling you the same thing over and over again has got to get old real fast.

Last edited:
Domain Summit 2024

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I can not read the OP because I have this member on ignore.

WHY?

Because as this same mod has pointed out, and as I have pointed out, and as other member have pointed out...asking the same question by simply rephrasing it and starting a new thread each and every time changes nothing - it is still the same question and it is still the same answers. The only thing different is starting a new thread every time and many running concurrently.

The reality is, it makes the member James2002 appear very stupid and dense. But if that is how someone wishes to portray theirself and wish to be known then fine.

The mod is not attacking you. He has a job to clean up the forum and tie up loose ends and combine threads. Chasing you around and telling you the same thing over and over again has got to get old real fast.

DocCom, if you don't read my thread, you should not have commented in this thread in the first place.

You didn't read my threads properly and the threads implied different answers and they aren't the same.

I think it is not appropriate to say someone is stupid or something like that in public. Are you a doctor or something? Do you know the doctors' oaths and ethics? I am a doctor myself and I would not say someone is stupid or something like that in the public. Will NEVER.

You are saying a Mercedes and a BMW are same as they look similar. If you look into dept, they aren't same and require different answers and approaches.

I know you dislike me for some reasons since a reply I post in my thread.

I am saying instead of personal attacks on members, it would be nice if only PMs are sent from the MODs.

Last edited:

Melly

Pink Lover!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As far as my opinion goes I think that mods or admins should never target individual members and attack them especially in public. If they have an issue it should be taken to pm.

This forum has become mainly about drama lately so we definitely don't need more of it. If the "member" is repetitive about disregarding the rules or doing something that will hurt other members then a mod should step in and say something about it but not literally attack with name calling and insults.

When a mod/admin goes public it should depend on the situation.

This isn't targeted at anyone or any particular situation. Just my opinion.

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
One thing I have found is that the biggedon and Johnn just close threads rather than dealing with the problem. Thus the only real option is to make a new thread.

The mods are crap, and it is our right as paying members to express our thoughts.

100% so true....still trying to find out who closed my Italian recipes thread.....:(

http://www.dnforum.com/f77/all-you-pasta-lovers-thread-376797.html

Gold Cafe
This is a private forum available to Gold, Platinum and Exclusive members to discuss anything you wish.

nowhere here does it say no advertising/talking about your site.....

Last edited:

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As far as my opinion goes I think that mods or admins should never target individual members and attack them especially in public. If they have an issue it should be taken to pm.

This forum has become mainly about drama lately so we definitely don't need more of it. If the "member" is repetitive about disregarding the rules or doing something that will hurt other members then a mod should step in and say something about it but not literally attack with name calling and insults.

When a mod/admin goes public it should depend on the situation.

This isn't targeted at anyone or any particular situation. Just my opinion.

Yes, totally agree. Also I don't like dnforum members attacking each other in the public especially if they were not targeted.

For example, you would see Doc Com attacked me in this thread when this thread was not targetted to him. What a person?

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
100% so true....still trying to find out who closed my Italian recipes thread.....:(

http://www.dnforum.com/f77/all-you-pasta-lovers-thread-376797.html

Gold Cafe
This is a private forum available to Gold, Platinum and Exclusive members to discuss anything you wish.

nowhere here does it say no advertising/talking about your site.....

I closed it because you were promoting your own site in a discussion forum.

From the rules:
7. You may only advertise in the designated advertising forums. One thread creation per 24 hours is allowed per advertising forum. You may not post the same sale thread within a seven day period. In other words, if no one has replied to your sale, do not create a new thread with the same domain or service until after seven days.

15. Do not promote or link to your websites, domains, blog, company, or services in any of the discussion forums. This includes starting a thread, or replying to a post. If a member is seeking assistance or looking for a certain type of product, the best way to offer your services is to send a PM, unless the thread has been created in one of the Advertising forums (or Help Wanted), where you then may reply to a post with a self-promotion. For the rules related to signatures, refer to #19 and #20.

If you were looking for feedback on the site we have a forum for that:
http://www.dnforum.com/f183/

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My most favourite forum is GFY.com - you can say whatever you want there YET the forum is very professional and attracts top companies in its industry (adult).

People who tend to become mods are people seeking some power because they have inferiority complex. So basically mod's behaviour like on this as well most other forums is to be expected...

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
OK....then why couldnt your buddy Biggedon tell me that in the PM.....instead of acting like some tough guy MOD....and I even asked him who closed thread...and like usual....no answer......thanks Ed.....rub some of your helpfulness/sincerity....etc....on some of the other MODS....

Tony

PS - between you and me.....there are more important things going on in this forum than a harmless recipe site post....:)

I closed it because you were promoting your own site in a discussion forum.

From the rules:
7. You may only advertise in the designated advertising forums. One thread creation per 24 hours is allowed per advertising forum. You may not post the same sale thread within a seven day period. In other words, if no one has replied to your sale, do not create a new thread with the same domain or service until after seven days.

15. Do not promote or link to your websites, domains, blog, company, or services in any of the discussion forums. This includes starting a thread, or replying to a post. If a member is seeking assistance or looking for a certain type of product, the best way to offer your services is to send a PM, unless the thread has been created in one of the Advertising forums (or Help Wanted), where you then may reply to a post with a self-promotion. For the rules related to signatures, refer to #19 and #20.

If you were looking for feedback on the site we have a forum for that:
http://www.dnforum.com/f183/

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
OK....then why couldnt your buddy Biggedon tell me that in the PM.....instead of acting like some tough guy MOD....and I even asked him who closed thread...and like usual....no answer......thanks Ed.....rub some of your helpfulness/sincerity....etc....on some of the other MODS....

Tony

PS - between you and me.....there are more important things going on in this forum than a harmless recipe site post....:)

I always put the reason at the top.

]Reason thread was closed:

Promoting own site in discussion forums

Also, as for "better things" while I do agree, unfortunately we have to draw the line at "too much". If I allowed you your post, then I'd have to let many others in there and I'm sure the last thing many people want to see is people spamming their own blogs and sites in discussion forums.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Tony

lol

the mod (draggar) should have sent you a pm, or the "system gen" should have sent you a notice.

you complain about not seeing a rule, yet draggar points it out and it's obvious you didn't bother to read it.

yet you want to argue with me via pm, when i told you in the first place, that it was closed because "No advertising was allowed" there.

i also told you "that i did not close your thread".
nor am i going to tell you who did, if it wasn't me.

then i told you that you could just "repost" it in the advertising section.

then you replied... "could you repost it for me?"

and i replied... "no, you will have to repost it yourself."

so because of that exchange, i am the bad mod

and draggar is the nice guy?

:rolleyes:

that's so illogical, but it's expected...

imo...

myst woman

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i got a thread closed but it was because i din;t know i had to put a range for the domain. My client didnt have a range but that didn;t change the rule.

could we possibly use all this energy for deals please?

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Can you guys open a pool and vote me for the role of new mod? :)

I don't close nothing just rob yours $DNF :lol:

Probably I need to learn english first lol

chillking

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have had few pointlis decisions and felt attact from 1 mod i dont want to mention any names but instead of arguing i have just got on with being nice to people . Also i get on with another DNForum.com MOD very good he is a genuine guy we have done each other favours . I'm sure if adam Dicker made a thread were people rate DNForum.com Mod's anonymously it would be very funny lol and i do think their will be 1 mod who gets a big amount of bad ratings and another mod with good ratings Adam if you have read this would you consider doing it ha ha . Any one els think this would be a good idea ? lol .

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Whatever Bigge.....

1- never got a Draggar PM....i got the BS "system gen"....
2 - there ain't no sticky in that Gold area that says no advertising....says you can discuss "anything" you want....
3 - why didn't you guys then close it after the FIRST post if i created such a serious crime???
4 - i ain't the arguing type....only when people/MODS like you start first...
5 - still can't figure out why you couldn't tell me who closed the thread....
6 - I gotta go to Home Depot now......so...I'm considering this over and out....

Have a great day....don't work too hard....

Tony

lol

the mod (draggar) should have sent you a pm, or the "system gen" should have sent you a notice.

you complain about not seeing a rule, yet draggar points it out and it's obvious you didn't bother to read it.

yet you want to argue with me via pm, when i told you in the first place, that it was closed because "No advertising was allowed" there.

i also told you "that i did not close your thread".
nor am i going to tell you who did, if it wasn't me.

then i told you that you could just "repost" it in the advertising section.

then you replied... "could you repost it for me?"

and i replied... "no, you will have to repost it yourself."

so because of that exchange, i am the bad mod

and draggar is the nice guy?

:rolleyes:

that's so illogical, but it's expected...

imo...

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i got a thread closed but it was because i din;t know i had to put a range for the domain. My client didnt have a range but that didn;t change the rule.

could we possibly use all this energy for deals please?

Hi

that was all explained to you via pm

should we make exception for you not to put a budget?

how do you know your client can buy a domain if he does not discuss a budget?

how do you know how much commission you may get, if even you found a domain he likes...without knowing how much he can spend?

you guys/gals wanna be brokers and what not, and don't even show that you have experience or at least some common biz principles before you present your "wanted ads".

then you say you didn't know

there is a "sticky" posted.

if you view othr threads, most are inline with that requirement.

i have previously asked members who forgot or didn't put it there, to do so either in their thread or via pm.

majority with one or two complied immediately, with no "flap" just biz.

so why do i got to read this from you?

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have had few pointlis decisions and felt attact from 1 mod i dont want to mention any names but instead of arguing i have just got on with being nice to people . Also i get on with another DNForum.com MOD very good he is a genuine guy we have done each other favours . I'm sure if adam Dicker made a thread were people rate DNForum.com Mod's anonymously it would be very funny lol and i do think their will be 1 mod who gets a big amount of bad ratings and another mod with good ratings Adam if you have read this would you consider doing it ha ha . Any one els think this would be a good idea ? lol .

Many of the MODs are approachable and are nice people except one MOD. He got at least some personality traits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom