Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

MOD attacking members personally

Status
Not open for further replies.

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I understand here in the forum, members got attacked by a MOD quite often and sometimes even attacked personally.

Should this be happening?

I would have thought the MOD can send PM if they aren't happy with something rather than attacking members personally in the threads. It looks ugly.

Upvote 0

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
and mcdonalds has their rules and regulations. Just because we bought a happy meal does not entitle us to a say in those rules and regulations.

You missed my point. We are prepared to abide by rules set by dnf. But we don't like personal attacks by MOD.

Mac sale girls don't personally attack customers. Do they?

Domain Summit 2024

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you gotta sometimes be walking on eggshells....because if u say the wrong thing about a MOD......or make a complaint....or even answer them back in a nasty way....BOOM...you could be Banned.....because they feel like they got some super powers because of that stupid MOD badge they wear on their chests.....

If you have a complaint about a mod, you have the right to talk to them directly, take it up with one of the admins, or post it. When you post, as long as you remain professional there shouldn't be any retaliatory correction (points etc..) against you. But if you just start spamming things like "I think Draggar is a f-ing moron", then expect points - but points would be issues if someone did that against ANY member.

(and at least tell us WHY you think I'm a f-ing morong?) :smilewinkgrin:

GOD, I love to watch dogs chase their tails.

Because whenever they get close to it - it runs away. Pure prey drive.

Funny how they still do it even after they catch it.

Because as they try to straighten out their body (to get a better stand) - it tries to get away. :lol:

(Yes, my wife is an animal behaviorist)

My primary reason for not using DNF much is actually its rigid policy about never deleting a name from titles. Prevents me from listing most of my inventory.

Being an exclusive member you have a highly-under utilized resource, the exclusive sales section where there is no domain in title rule.

http://www.dnforum.com/f525/

No domain is needed in the title and you can edit the post as you see fit.

We need at least one name in the title - so include a crap domain (or the last one you'd want indexed) and include that in the title. We need that rule because people will post in the subject "CARS.COM!!!" but then in the post have RedUsedPickUpTruckCars.com. :undecided:

(Besides, I don't know about others but the last 3 domains I've bought from here I actually searched for them, found a thread between 6 months and 3 years old, and sent the owner a PM).

It also seems to me that the mods over at NP for some reason are nicer, more courteous and patient. It might be because the DNF mods are overworked since it seems that there are so few of them.
I'm sure the admins are always accepting applications for new moderators (doesn't mean they'll make more moderators). :smilewinkgrin:

Do you get to decide who works at your local mcdonalds?

But they do work well. If you pay money, you get burger and not something else.

Depends on which McDonalds - and this is usually true in the drive though. I order a big mac, I get a quarter pounder. :undecided: (But I prefer BK for lunch anyway).

You missed my point. We are prepared to abide by rules set by dnf. But we don't like personal attacks by MOD.

Mac sale girls don't personally attack customers. Do they?

Mac sales girls are too relaxed from smoking in the back with Focus. :lol::smilewinkgrin:

If you feel you are being attacked personally by a mod, please either report the post or send a PM to Chuck (Admin) - he's the most active of the admins on the forum (I"m sure Impact and DCG go a lot of "back stage" work) and he has no life so he enjoys the attention. :-/:eek:k:

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Draggar.

I appreciate it.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you don't know you're alive
dnf has top mods

seriously

Soofi

First Come First Serve .iN & .ORG Backorders
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree.. I like present staff, they are quite competitive and deserving candidates. I have been fairly treated by all mods, except for one odd situation where Draggar had different opinion about a statement but I could understand "To each, his own", that every person can have different opinion about a statement.

So quit complaining guys, we all are doing our job of selling/buying domain names plus services and if someone doesnt go by the agreed terms we go running to mods for help. Now when we approach them, They have to decide between one, the RIGHT obviously and Wrong one here definitely gets offended, and that's when we start assuming things about them.

Give it up, cuz just like others, they all are doing an added job/duty of being moderators to make this community a safer place for us to trade & dwell. Instead of giving them due respect & credit, we are pin pointing at them. Not right IMO!!

5 STARS for all of DNF mods!! No complains from here, whatsoever.

I have been around here a long time.
I have seen some good mods and bad mods.
I'm happy with the present staff.

Being a mod is a no win situation.
Sometimes they annoy someone.
Most of the times they are right.
Sometimes they are wrong.

Even doctors occasionally makes a mistake.

Years ago, someone suggested I be a mod.
I told them - "are you nuts?"

Mods have occasionally closed one of my sales threads. (not often.)
I grit my teeth, curse to myself and then move on and forget about it.
They were enforcing the rules.

Also remember, the mods are human. All of us occasionally have a bad day.
Maybe, we should cut them some slack sometimes.

Maybe, we should have a "Mod appreciation day". :)

I think the mods do a great job.

Why are you all being so distracted?

Lets focus on domaining!

Exactly, my point!

Yeah, that's just what we need, a mod that post's "I agree 100%" in every thread.

lol and we would have to launch another forum to discuss DNF-Mess after that!!

and mcdonalds has their rules and regulations. Just because we bought a happy meal does not entitle us to a say in those rules and regulations.

And I think if everyone is abiding by all the forum rules & regulations, why would mods have a reason to even get personal with us.. I've never seen anyone of them getting personal, except for those official do's & dont's.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom