Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Mod Overkill

Status
Not open for further replies.

NameGuy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have an open buying transaction in a sales thread that was closed. What if I need to communicate to the seller or otherwise in the thread during my transaction? Now I can't. I wish the mods here would think before acting in closing threads simply because of all the piddly rules around here.

Upvote 0

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have an open buying transaction in a sales thread that was closed. What if I need to communicate to the seller or otherwise in the thread during my transaction? Now I can't. I wish the mods here would think before acting in closing threads simply because of all the piddly rules around here.

how you gonna blame the mods for doing their job?

that thread was in violation of the rules.

are we supposed to leave threads open just because you placed an offer, regardless to whether the OP conformed to posting guidelines?

maybe the OP should "think" before they hit the submit button and review their thread.

how bout that!

NameGuy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sir, yes sir. So sorry to have troubled you. I won't ever complain again.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
What about sending them a PM?

NameGuy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Of course I could PM. My point is simply this... what's more important here? Doing business or closing threads? I understand why threads are closed. But, if business is happening it seems that the mod taking the extra 15 seconds to copy/paste a domain into the title is not that much to ask.

OK, move along. Nothing to see here...

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Of course I could PM. My point is simply this... what's more important here? Doing business or closing threads? I understand why threads are closed. But, if business is happening it seems that the mod taking the extra 15 seconds to copy/paste a domain into the title is not that much to ask.

OK, move along. Nothing to see here...

i can sympathize, but if mods are editing sales threads in favor of members who don't bother to check them before submitting them, because someone shows interest or intent to buy....

is this fair to other members who's threads are also in violation but remained closed because no one showed interest yet?

and if we start doing that consistently, then there will be no deterent for ignoring forum guidelines.

i think it's most important for the OP, if they want to sell domains here, that they take the time to check their threads before submitting.

also, i have on occassion re-opened threads that i closed, if a member immediately sent me a pm stating that they forgot to add title or something.

we're reasonable, but we still have a job to do.

sorry you got "caught-up".

NameGuy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
OK, Don. I see your point too. Thanks.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Not to mention that if your breath stinks and your pants are not in fashion, you can't sell domains on DNForum.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well they keep closing my sale threads, I posted two that both got closed for what I assume were very petty reasons and a certain mod is going out of his way lately to pick apart every thread on technicalities...and the "mysterious" mod who keeps doing it does'nt bother to send me a PM about it or advise me of my post being closed/locked like they are supposed to do despite the fact that I have interested buyers, nor does he post his reason for doing so, or make any effort to "fix" the thread or give me an opportunity to do so...just LOCKS IT. This is not how DNF used to be and it's getting worse. DNF is a shadow of the sales and discussion platform it USED to be and it is getting less and less activity by the month and less and less people are doing business here because of this crap. People are tired of it and a CERTAIN mod has been here long enough to be a little bit more understanding and give it a rest for Christ's sakes or at least exercise a little more restraint and better communication...maybe Adam needs to be made aware of the problems with this moderator and the fact that he is on a rampage and does'nt seem to want to make any efforts at all to contact the starters of posts when they are closed for any reason or post or advise the cause for the mod actions in threads. This type of mod behavior obviously is counter productive and certainly hurts the forum alot more than it "helps" anyone whatsoever. :rolleyes:

I will just sell my domains elsewhere because God knows I don't need to deal with the petty technical over-zealous mod's interference which I think is really being more of a hater than trying to make this a better forum lately because in that case this certain mod would chill the funk out and get off of everyone's case and let people make money, esp those who have high feedback and are respected members on the forum that do alot more business than they do and know how to conduct sales with no problems whatsoever. Maybe this certain mod can't sell their own low traffic crappy names on here lately and thus does'nt want anyone else doing so successfully that has much better domains than them..just a thought. :cool:

Also I would like to ask all Greek members on this forum to agree to send me $500 paypal, free. :yes:

Last edited:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Whatever he said, I agree :D

Also I would like to ask all Greek members on this forum to agree to send me $500 paypal, free.

OK, I will first join Sigma Chi :D

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok then Acro, you know my paypal! Hurry before this thread gets closed. :eek:k:

hehehehe

How does everyone feel about mods closing threads and not sending PM's or posting as to why the thread was closed? Is this how our forum operates? Is this certain mod too lazy to make notations or send a PM to the post starter but yet is engaged enough in the forum activity to scrutizine every sales thread line by line just waiting for a chance to lock it? What is going on here, are we turning into some communist domain name forum?

Last edited:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I think you raised some very interesting points, Focus. I expect this issue to be incorporated into the Obama stimulus debate in the coming months. The purpose of free enterprise is to make more money, under the auspice of conservative - but borderline liberal - driving force of the markets in the Western hemisphere nations. In communist China the free enterprise suffers as it's exposed to strict scrutiny by the ruling party; in countries such as Cuba, the oppression is matched by penalization of the acquisition of life's pleasures.

In other words, where is this world heading to? Please debate in less than 200 words, affix postage stamp please.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You are right Acro, it seems that our feet are really getting stepped on lately by the same people who have been supposingly empowered to protect us and serve the forum's best interest, including the people of this forum - the paying members. Maybe it is just about time for a changing of the guard?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Affix the stamp, Focus. Come on. Play by the rules.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry, can't sell any domains here lately to afford one of those tax stamps bro. I will have to just accept my punishment if you want to take my firstborn for not paying the toll. Everytime I try to sell a name here lately or post a thread my dreams & aspirations are squashed like a bug by the supposed judge of all that is good & evil in the world of domains. Guess this is the "new" DNF way of doing business, or...umm.. NOT letting members do any business unless you are maybe underpriviledged in some way or can barely speak english, then it would be perfectly okay and you would get special treatment. Right? Maybe even a special DNF financial bailout plan...with health care too.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just so you know I am following this thread closely and have sent it to Chuck to review as well.

-=DCG=-

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thank you very much Adam, maybe we can try to update the mystery mod on his responsibilities on the forum and how to properly moderate since this certain someone does'nt seem to put any effort whatsoever into building this forum up or helping anyone do business here, but instead is just locking it down latelty so people can't do anything at all and seems to be on a power trip about it and has been for some time now...if this keeps going the same direction it won't be good for anyone & it's just going to be a slow death of your #1 domain forum and the migration of members to other more active, friendly, & "down to earth" forums where they can post a sales thread that won't get closed over & over like some time wasting game...so that they might actually have a chance to rectify something before their threads are just closed with no contact whatsoever & no reason for action posted in the thread.

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Focus,

When I looked at your threads, they were closed like mine as we tried to avoid spiders to crawl the threads. But the mods are so obsessed with this certain rule and I think they got fun from closing these threads.

In the rules of the forums, I found certain ways to avoid spiders but those do not work any more. We would need better ways to avoid spiders.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Focus,

When I looked at your threads, they were closed like mine as we tried to avoid spiders to crawl the threads. But the mods are so obsessed with this certain rule and I think they got fun from closing these threads.

In the rules of the forums, I found certain ways to avoid spiders but those do not work any more. We would need better ways to avoid spiders.

Why not simply use example(.)com to both avoid SE indexing plus adhere to the rules?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well they keep closing my sale threads, I posted two that both got closed for what I assume were very petty reasons and a certain mod is going out of his way lately to pick apart every thread on technicalities...and the "mysterious" mod who keeps doing it does'nt bother to send me a PM about it or advise me of my post being closed/locked like they are supposed to do despite the fact that I have interested buyers, nor does he post his reason for doing so, or make any effort to "fix" the thread or give me an opportunity to do so...just LOCKS IT. This is not how DNF used to be and it's getting worse. DNF is a shadow of the sales and discussion platform it USED to be and it is getting less and less activity by the month and less and less people are doing business here because of this crap. People are tired of it and a CERTAIN mod has been here long enough to be a little bit more understanding and give it a rest for Christ's sakes or at least exercise a little more restraint and better communication...maybe Adam needs to be made aware of the problems with this moderator and the fact that he is on a rampage and does'nt seem to want to make any efforts at all to contact the starters of posts when they are closed for any reason or post or advise the cause for the mod actions in threads. This type of mod behavior obviously is counter productive and certainly hurts the forum alot more than it "helps" anyone whatsoever. :rolleyes:

I will just sell my domains elsewhere because God knows I don't need to deal with the petty technical over-zealous mod's interference which I think is really being more of a hater than trying to make this a better forum lately because in that case this certain mod would chill the funk out and get off of everyone's case and let people make money, esp those who have high feedback and are respected members on the forum that do alot more business than they do and know how to conduct sales with no problems whatsoever. Maybe this certain mod can't sell their own low traffic crappy names on here lately and thus does'nt want anyone else doing so successfully that has much better domains than them..just a thought. :cool:

Also I would like to ask all Greek members on this forum to agree to send me $500 paypal, free. :yes:

you know i like to speak my mind, so here it is

your thread was closed because you didn't follow posting rules for that section.

you know that it was in violation when you put it up

spacing the domain in title - violation
name in title, not the same as the one in the post -violation
no link to screenshots (required) - violation
posting tm related domains - violation

you could have posted that in Exclusive section and avoided all that...

but you want to complain that mods are out of order

yeah right!

Just so you know I am following this thread closely and have sent it to Chuck to review as well.

-=DCG=-

glad you're involved

Thank you very much Adam, maybe we can try to update the mystery mod on his responsibilities on the forum and how to properly moderate since this certain someone does'nt seem to put any effort whatsoever into building this forum up or helping anyone do business here, but instead is just locking it down latelty so people can't do anything at all and seems to be on a power trip about it and has been for some time now...if this keeps going the same direction it won't be good for anyone & it's just going to be a slow death of your #1 domain forum and the migration of members to other more active, friendly, & "down to earth" forums where they can post a sales thread that won't get closed over & over like some time wasting game...so that they might actually have a chance to rectify something before their threads are just closed with no contact whatsoever & no reason for action posted in the thread.

if you've been doing so well at other forums/venues, then why come back here just to be-itch and moan

nobody is trying to stop you or anyone else from doing business.

this is a business forum and as such it must have rules for engagement.

either you follow them as written, get an excuse from Adam or expect the same when you do the same

Focus,

until the rules are changed then we proceed accordingly

your previous thread accusing mods of getting $100 for each thread they closed is as ridiculous as you trying to align with focus on this issue.

i don't think you should ride this wagon

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom